Let's go dig a couple like we used to...

Captain Silver

Elite Member
Been a while, 6 months and no digging...last silver was back in January when it was like 80 degrees cooler than now:laughing: Went out for a hour and a half to the woods at a proven spot with the Explorer XS and got to picking targets from a carpet of nails... nice to put silver on a coil again... lotta nails, 42 cents of old clad, junk and toy truck parts:lol:, a couple wheats and the 2 silvers... silvers #8 and #9... Had fun just like back when, and obviously haven't forgot how it's done...but hunting on the regular is not something I'm ready to pursue again...yet. Thanks for the looks and Happy Hunting!

Ya know...I’m not gonna bag on you for having your coil on backward, I’m sure there’s a good reason. What I AM going to do is say that while the SCREEN UPDATING can be painfully delayed at times with an Explorer, I’m one of a handful of people who don’t think the Explorer is “slow”. The audio isn’t slow. And with that size or smaller coil it is actually quite precise. Nice work Captain, goes to show you just need the touch of a master! You can do all the testing you want, what REALLY counts are real world results.

Last edited:
That's hilarious, the first thing I noticed was that the coil looked like it was on backwards...
congratulations on the silvers:D

Great to see a post from you Bruce, missed you. Like you said you still know how its done. Congrats on the 2 Silvers and all the rest. Looking forward to seeing a lot more of your finds. Trapper

That's hilarious, the first thing I noticed was that the coil looked like it was on backwards...
congratulations on the silvers:D
It is on backwards. Makes a difference when pin pointing. Doesn’t look like it’s an issue though.

Edit: doesn’t make a difference when pinpointing.

Last edited:
Hey Capt. I was wondering where you went. Good to see your out there. Bet the reverse coil places the weight towards the heel. Easier to swing. Oh, and of coarse you pulled a couple silvers. 👍

Been a while, 6 months and no digging...last silver was back in January when it was like 80 degrees cooler than now:laughing: Went out for a hour and a half to the woods at a proven spot with the Explorer XS and got to picking targets from a carpet of nails... nice to put silver on a coil again... lotta nails, 42 cents of old clad, junk and toy truck parts:lol:, a couple wheats and the 2 silvers... silvers #8 and #9... Had fun just like back when, and obviously haven't forgot how it's done...but hunting on the regular is not something I'm ready to pursue again...yet. Thanks for the looks and Happy Hunting!

I was convinced you dug a jar full of gold coins and were on the beach in jamaica somewhere!

Thanks guys for the replies! Using the slotted tan XS rod with the trap door the reverse coil mounting causes less stress on the coil cable...doubt the coil cares which end is up:lol: Happy with the couple silvers and not even thinking about another dig anytime soon...and last night a good friend contacts me about a lost ring and asked could I go look for it with my detector...Looks like I'll be going hunting again tomorrow:laughing:

Nice going Bruce! The coil isn't on backwards, you were just hunting backwards so in theory it's facing correctly, make sense:laughing::lol:

Back
Top Bottom