• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Almost gave up on the 3am hunt....

Walrus350

Elite Member
I got down to the beach and saw someone gridding the spot I had planned.
So I went further down the beach and couldn't get a signal! Not a single crusty penny, nickle, dime or quarter.

Almost an hour in I hit a quarter signal and was surprised with a 925 ring. It's been marinating for a while.

After another hour I happily gave up. :surrender:

I didn't find a single coin. I found 1 junk earring, a piece of a junk ring, 2 pull tabs a 3 pieces of slaw. Quietest hunt ever!

0 days since last silver, 3 weeks since last gold.

Attachments

• 20190617_060009.jpg
    20190617_060009.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 672
  • 20190617_055952.jpg
    20190617_055952.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 623
Wow that's a long time for a single silver ring. But it's good to get a Calif. report ! :cool:

Yes: The beaches here in CA have been sanded in d/t lack of any swells, winds and tides to coincide. I wouldn't touch a wet-sand beach at all lately. Odds are, they're all sterile.

In fact, the last several winters have almost entirely been lame. With only a few exceptions that lastest all of only a few days here and there.

Pretty! Is that stone green? Always good to keep a positive attitude.

I got down to the beach and saw someone gridding the spot I had planned.
So I went further down the beach and couldn't get a signal! Not a single crusty penny, nickle, dime or quarter.

Almost an hour in I hit a quarter signal and was surprised with a 925 ring. It's been marinating for a while.

After another hour I happily gave up. :surrender:

I didn't find a single coin. I found 1 junk earring, a piece of a junk ring, 2 pull tabs a 3 pieces of slaw. Quietest hunt ever!

0 days since last silver, 3 weeks since last gold.

I wonder if we are hunting the same beaches?
SD?

If it makes you feel any better the last 3 hunts have been worse. Maybe 50 cents after 3 hrs of hunting. Because it's been so bleak, I haven't hunted in almost 2 months. Southern So Cal is terrible right now. I'll be going out tonight to read things but I'm not expecting to much. 5am low tonight so I'll be out around 2 or so to chase it out.

Keep your chin up. You gotta understand that 2 yrs ago it was so good on erosion that ALOT of it got cherry picked and to make it worse, afterwards all the sand that got pulled out giving us all that rock and clay, came back sterile as can be. Put a cold season on top of that and it just spells poo poo. No depositors.

I still refuse to hit the grassy parks though. I have faith.

And MrLostAndFound: I live in El Cajon and have a 50 mile beach range so yeah you know what I'm talking bout

If it makes you feel any better the last 3 hunts have been worse. Maybe 50 cents after 3 hrs of hunting. Because it's been so bleak, I haven't hunted in almost 2 months. Southern So Cal is terrible right now. I'll be going out tonight to read things but I'm not expecting to much. 5am low tonight so I'll be out around 2 or so to chase it out.

Keep your chin up. You gotta understand that 2 yrs ago it was so good on erosion that ALOT of it got cherry picked and to make it worse, afterwards all the sand that got pulled out giving us all that rock and clay, came back sterile as can be. Put a cold season on top of that and it just spells poo poo. No depositors.

I still refuse to hit the grassy parks though. I have faith.

And MrLostAndFound: I live in El Cajon and have a 50 mile beach range so yeah you know what I'm talking bout

Yeah, it sure is bleak. It got so bad, I went tot lotting(sand) to get my fix.

I tried cherry picking in the grass, but clipped clad gets me every time .

Nice ring, I have yet to find the gold dream but have found a few of the 925 silver rings. None of them really worth anything but my wife and daughter sure seem to like them. They both rush to see what I have found, seems to be a first come first served mentality. Not complaining though, when I find stuff they like they don't seem to mind me going out to detect.

Back
Top Bottom