4 For 4 Today!!

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
And today we have 4 for 4! Folks are really trying to make my recoveries more difficult but so far have not succeeded.

My first adventure was at Browns on Harsens Island. (Browns is a restaurant and bar) I was asked to locate a propeller that broke off a shaft on a boat last year but couldn't find it because all the weeds in the channel were way too tall. Over 3' most of them. We decided to give it a go at 9am this morning. He met me there on his boat and I geared up. I put my metal detector on the dock in case it was covered with silt. I jump in and boy did my hands freeze. Water is 47°. I decided to grid the area and so I started out from the dock in a straight line to the middle. Found the prop before I made my first turn! Glad that one was done fast!

Next adventure was a guy that contacted me about a college class ring he lost 4 or 5 years prior when throwing bread off his back deck to feed the birds. His ring flew off his finger and he couldn't find it in the grass so he figured it took a dive in the canal behind his house. Again very muddy water and I couldn't see anything. Got way off course and found myself under his boat lift. Went close to where he thought it went in and got an old Gerber baby food jar with lid. Also got a penny and a smashed can. Next target was his ring. I came up and he said it was further out. I was waving my hand and he said it is out further. I took my regulator out of my mouth and told him I have it. He was thrilled. His grandparents bought it for him and they are now gone. Gold ring is back where it belongs.

Last but not least I got a call from some folks at Jefferson beach marina in Detroit about a radio controlled car that dove off H dock. While I am getting ready I am told about a pair of glasses under another boat on the same dock. I go down and get the car, then I go under a huge boat and get the Oakley glasses he lost last year.

I've done a few posse-hunt returns over the years. But nothing that compares to your adventures ! Great play-by-play as usual.

Dang Scuba, 47 is anti-warm! Brrrr.

That prop must be worth a lot? That class ring is something else :wow:

You are busy! Nice recoveries :)

Dang Scuba, 47 is anti-warm! Brrrr.

That prop must be worth a lot? That class ring is something else :wow:

You are busy! Nice recoveries :)

I agree with you about anti warm. As soon as I jumped in my hands froze. Hopefully this water will warm up soon. Yes I am busy. I have a few more already this week. Another prop and another ring included. Tis fun in the big city.

Scuba you are the "Lone Ranger" of metal detection.

Congrats on all the recoveries. .... and remember "always wear your mask"

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::pirates::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Thank you. You give our hobby a good name!

Back
Top Bottom