King George II Date

mfoster2442

Hi everyone. I found my first old coin today! I was so excited and tried cleaning it methodically with a toothpick for hours. Unfortunately I still couldn't get a date. I saw another post had these identifying pictures below. I could use some help distinguishing the age range. Either way I am super excited I got my first colonial coin! Thanks everyone.

Attachments

• King George Pic 4.jpg
    King George Pic 4.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 491
  • King George Pic 2.jpg
    King George Pic 2.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 430
  • King George II.jpg
    King George II.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 410
I would have to say 1740-1754 variety based on the area below the shoulder, the u in Georgius, and the II to the right of the bust. The earlier variety has noticeably less space than the later type. Just my uneducated guess.

Definitely the 29-39 variety. Look at the pony tail and the hair bulge off the head by the pony tail. Congratulations on the great find.

Congrats on your find,,, I found a 1717 king George II ,,, It looks like your,,, I found coins pics on him ,,, If you look at the tip of his hair line it come to a point,,, The distance between hair and letters will tell you what year it is,,, Every pic tip of hair points at a difference place,,, Hope this help you.

Ah. Yes. The wheat penny of colonial sites. Great find and Im sure it will be the first of many

I would say it's the 1729-1739 based on the hairline, it's hard to tell really. Either way it's a great find.

Congrats on your find,,, I found a 1717 king George II ,,, It looks like your,,, I found coins pics on him ,,, If you look at the tip of his hair line it come to a point,,, The distance between hair and letters will tell you what year it is,,, Every pic tip of hair points at a difference place,,, Hope this help you.

Thanks Fasteddy! Definitely helpful I appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom