Another 3 tokens

aviationgale

Elite Member
Went back today at about 8:30 a.m. before the bugs arose. I can't believe I got another 3 tokens from this place. I hunted in an area that I believed to be the garden, soil was INCREDIBLE!! Wish it was all like that. As you can see not a lot of stuff pulled from there although there was about medium trash finds. I'm thinking the time ran out on these tokens, like maybe the store closed or they owed the store and it closed. I don't know but I can't believe anybody would just throw these out back then. I just love finding the old brass water nozzles, they are so cool, I think this makes 3 or 4. Had to leave around noon as the bugs were coming out again, and my nose was starting to clog. Have no idea where I could have picked up this "cold" (I don't touch public stuff, door handles etc.) But I'll be fine in a day or so and will look for a new place to hunt!

Attachments

• 100_6316.jpg
    100_6316.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 376
  • 100_6317.jpg
    100_6317.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 318
  • 100_6320.jpg
    100_6320.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 306
  • 100_6319.jpg
    100_6319.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 299
Tokens are always cool to find. Each one of them is always unique quite different from finding a coin. I see that you have found a full-length harmonica reed, that's a rare sight. The small piece that looks like something from the Parcheesi game I believe is a collar stud.
As far as the brass water nozzle nice job. I have never found one of those. Big congratulations!!

Yeah, that's a lot of tokens from the same store. All different denominations too. Don't see $1.00 tokens too often! Stiffwrists is known for his brass nozzle collection. He's posted quite a few. I know I dug one once, but it was a long time ago. I remember pulling it out of the ground, but nothing more about it. Cool finds!

That's a nice bunch of finds. I really like the tokens.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Congrats on another token haul. That place has been good to you. I would hit it again. A little Zymol cleaner wax and some 4 ought steel wool would clean them up real nice. Good luck Mark

Thanks all, I took one down to the library and the guy there is going to ask at the next Historical meeting if anyone knows anything about them. Should be interesting to see what he finds out.

Back
Top Bottom