Silver Colonial Shoe Buckle!! Im blown away!!

METALMANIAC-NY

Elite Member
Hey Folks

Im still so excited and thrilled with this find! Yesterday went to a small area adjacent to a 1700's estate. Within 10 minutes I hit a gilt flat button and 30 feet away THIS BUCKET LISTER!!!!! Pretty rare find...you had to be very well off to own shoes with buckles like these. :cool: I LOVE SAVING HISTORY!! HH!

PS - Found in Dutchess County NY 6 Inches with DEUS

Attachments

• silver buckle hole.jpg
    silver buckle hole.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 918
  • silver bucklie hand.jpg
    silver bucklie hand.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 749
  • silver buckle closeup.jpg
    silver buckle closeup.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 698
  • silver bucckle close 2.jpg
    silver bucckle close 2.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 698
Awesome find! I was fortunate enough to dig one this season as well, and was able to date it to circa 1770. Any makers mark on yours? HUGE CONGRATS!!!

Man. Some pretty amazing silver relics being posted the past week here to end the season.

Congrats.

Absolutely 100% beautiful you’re a lucky man. That is now yours on believable congratulations!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That thing is not only highly sought because it came from the shoe of an upscale person,but it appears to be in perfect condition! What a crazy find MM,you should be extremely proud to have found it. I’d be gazing at that for hours on end,just wondering whose feet they were....
CONGRATULATIONS!!

Sick sick sick . Unbelievably cool .. they had silver and gold coins to drop I’m sure!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom