5 Barber Day Caps off Great Year!

spenglure

Elite Member
Cool weather is upon us but I managed to get out to one of my good field sites in hope of closing the season on a high note. This site was primarily occupied from 1880 through 1922. All I can say is this was by far my best day of detecting at this site! Ended up finding four barbers (including a barber quarter) in a 45 minute span - at a spot we have hammered and void of easy signals. Key was going painfully slow with the T2 to lock onto marginal signals! The last (fifth barber dime took me the rest of the day to find but it was well worth it! The early flood of barbers was almost like a dream! I also found two V Nickels, an indian and a toasted wheat cent. This year has a been a terrific year for the oldies, I'm hoping to get out maybe a few more times but the frost in the ground makes for tough digging! Check out the condition on the 1907 barber dime - best barber I have ever found! I still can't believe all these coins were from a spot we thought we hunted out. I am definitely going back if the weather holds up! You can't ever find it all!! Happy Hunting!

Attachments

• IMG_8710.jpg
    IMG_8710.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 510
  • IMG_8712.jpg
    IMG_8712.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 483
  • IMG_8713.jpg
    IMG_8713.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 460
  • IMG_8715.jpg
    IMG_8715.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 452
  • IMG_8716.jpg
    IMG_8716.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 445
  • IMG_8717.jpg
    IMG_8717.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 456
  • IMG_8705.jpg
    IMG_8705.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 444
  • IMG_8706.jpg
    IMG_8706.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 450
  • IMG_8707.jpg
    IMG_8707.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 452
  • IMG_8708.jpg
    IMG_8708.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 478
  • IMG_8709.jpg
    IMG_8709.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 442
Excelsior! You are right..that T2 and the F70 breed..amazing rigs! The DD coil does have a sweet spot a guy has got to get over a deepish target...folks depict the DD coil coverage track as a paintbrush, and it sort of is, but theres also a little point right there in the middle of it that can act like a sniper if a guy pays attention and knows the dirt and how to manipulate that coil to maximum effect, which its obvious you do...:thumbsup:...You freaking killed it! Great Post!

That is a great end of season hunt. The 1907 dime is in wonderful condition.

Congrats and hope there is more.

I have been doing the same at on old farm site where I have found great stuff. Going very slow and listening for those very faint signals. It has paid off with a few more great finds.

WOW! What a fantastic way to wind down your detecting season! Congrats on all of the beautiful Barbers. Super jealous.:D

Well that's just flippin' re-frickin-diculous…. Good job! T2 and F75 are 1st Cousins, so we family folk have to appreciate it! Niiiiiiiiiiice!!!!

I can't knock the Equinox because it appears to be an amazing machine, but hats off to those who use old antiquated detectors and still manage to find a good signal once in a while!!! :laughing:

What a fantastic outing, congrats!

WOW 5 in one day..

Someone had a hole in their pocket.. that is incredible

Wow! Great hunt! Nice job

Awesome time capsule, Congrats!

Congrats on all those Barbers! :detector:

Wow,very good!

WOW! What a fantastic way to wind down your detecting season! Congrats on all of the beautiful Barbers. Super jealous.:D

WOW! incredible old silver day ! Get back and do it again !

Wow, 5 barbers is a great day! Congrats!

WOW. That's allot of great finds.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments! I appreciate it!

Excelsior! You are right..that T2 and the F70 breed..amazing rigs! The DD coil does have a sweet spot a guy has got to get over a deepish target...folks depict the DD coil coverage track as a paintbrush, and it sort of is, but theres also a little point right there in the middle of it that can act like a sniper if a guy pays attention and knows the dirt and how to manipulate that coil to maximum effect, which its obvious you do...:thumbsup:...You freaking killed it! Great Post!

Hey Mud I remember way back when I first got my T2 and you wrote me a long reply about them and the F70. I took the info and ran! Thanks! Yes I found that little sniper spot that’s exactly what I am looking to do is hover that really slow and it has helped me pull a lot of great stuff recently! I thought about chopping off the wings like you have done many the corn stalks sure like to get caught in them on some of my sites!!

That is a great end of season hunt. The 1907 dime is in wonderful condition.

Congrats and hope there is more.

I have been doing the same at on old farm site where I have found great stuff. Going very slow and listening for those very faint signals. It has paid off with a few more great finds.

Thank you! Yes I found going back to older sites and really slowing down pays off! Especially with deep Indian heads. The me of two years ago would have missed all this stuff going too fast!

Back
Top Bottom