When is finding a Titanium ring not disappointing? *2nd night hunt pics added*

Slimpickuns

Forum Supporter
When it's hallmarked Tiffany & Co! Went out last night for low tide, which really wasn't that low but low enough to be able to work the slope. Surf conditions were fierce and I had my head on a swivel watching out for sneaker waves. Found a beauty of a cut that stretched pretty far and hit it hard non stop till the waves started pinning me against it a few hours later. First good target was a 925 rope chain, followed by a chunky 925 ring and a 1964 rosie. shortly after I hit a very small 10k gold micro diamond band weighing a meager 1 gram. As my hunt was coming to a close I pulled out what looked like your average bummer titanium band.... shined my head lamp at the inside of the shank and saw the flash of that sweet overpriced name brand hallmark "Tiffany & Co", It retails for $350 on the Tiffany website! Definitely had fun on this hunt, the waves kept me on my toes the whole time. Gonna hit it again tonight!

Thanks for looking, GL & HH! :cheers:

Attachments

• 20180818_160819.jpg
    20180818_160819.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 770
  • 20180818_161637.jpg
    20180818_161637.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 762
  • 20180818_161705.jpg
    20180818_161705.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 726
  • 20180818_161244.jpg
    20180818_161244.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 718
  • 20180818_161559.jpg
    20180818_161559.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 741
  • 20180818_161735.jpg
    20180818_161735.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 719
Last edited:
Great hunt! It is always nice to see fellow socal hunters getting the loot!

It may say "Tiffany & Co", and it may retail for $350 .... but ... I still feel sorry for the person who paid $350 for a titanium ring :sorry2:

Great hunt slim. On a side note years ago I realized that if people would buy pet rocks they’ll buy anything ever a titanium band marked Tiff & Co.

Nice set of clinkers and sinkers. Good work under wave action pressure. That's a hazard us dirt diggin' land lubbers don't have to deal with.
Beautiful photo shoot line-up btw.

T&Co, SWEETNESS... Yea, though what has happened to them that they are making Ti rings?!?!?

BCD

Well there is a market for them for some unknown reason. Put the company logo on it and sell it for huge profit.
I found a T&Co silver ring this week. It’s silver and it’s MSRP is less than the Ti above.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they have tungsten carbide rings too. Who could have guessed that the metal of drill bits and saw blades would be the metal of jewelry.

I thinks it’s a big joke on us all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

.... I thinks it’s a big joke on us all....

Precisely. It looks nice to our senses of "finds" that the cost-when-new is such & such. Yet truth be told: We are not likely to realize any-such value .... on our end . The intrinsic value is nothing :blink:

The only hope of re-couping any of this $350, is to float it on ebay. And hope someone wants it as as end-consumer.

A branded Tiff Titanium ring? Thats 'messed' up right there! Whats the World coming to? Talk about a cusser of a find! Whats next? Plastic Faberge eggs? Anthracite Black diamonds? Harbor Freight branded jewelry? Lustrium Class rings? Naugahyde letterman jackets? Where is this heading?

Tiff gonna be selling Stainless Steel 9/16 boat dock washers for $200 per dozen? Maybe some nice Tiff Tungsten bullet weights for the discriminating Bass fisherman who is environmentally conscious for $300 a pack?? They may as well!...This is so horrible I shudder at the thought, amazed at the unabashed marketing and ignorance of the Gen Pop!! Thank God for the Asians and Indians who recognize PM's residual value and prefer GOLD!

I sure hope you can offload that worthless mutherhubbard for near retail price to a greater fool than the original...They are quite common now a days it seems...Shouldnt be no problem...Let us know..

Last edited:
That is an amazing hunt. Congrats! I've only pulled one titanium ring before but despite the oddity of a T&Co. ring, I think thats really awesome. Well done.

Nice hunt man, anything tiffany is a great find! I bet if they put out their own line of pulltabs they would sell for at least 75 bucks...

Hey Slim, Congrats on finding a good beach to hunt and the treasure! I had no idea that Tiffany made those- may be time to take a closer look at some of my "junk" rings! :yes:

Nice hunt, should be able to get a few $$ for it

It may say "Tiffany & Co", and it may retail for $350 .... but ... I still feel sorry for the person who paid $350 for a titanium ring :sorry2:
Don’t feel sorry, more money than sense :roll:

Back
Top Bottom