Finally some big silver! My first half of the year...

Waveoff

Elite Member
My buddy and I decided to do some door knocking two days ago. We first attempted to hit a home built in 1800 but no one was home. So we went next door to a 1920's home and got permission to do that yard. Only one wheatie and some clad was found between us. Next we hit another house nearby built in 1875. My buddy found a Rosie and that was it. He suggested we go cruising in an old farming area nearby. We found a house built in 1860 but it was abandoned and there was some heavy equipment nearby. We didn't feel like looking over our shoulders so we drove on and found a 1920's farmhouse down the road. The nice people gave us the green light and said we could come detect there anytime we wanted. My first target did not disappoint! It was a 1942-D Walker. My second target was a broken number 12 crotal bell. After that, I didn't find any other old coins or relics. Not even a wheat! I did help them locate a couple of bronze pet grave markers that had been covered by dirt over time. A little while later my buddy found a dateless SLQ only about 2" down. I then uncovered a sterling jewelry piece with some initials on it. We wrapped it up for the day and figured we would go back the next day (yesterday). Yesterday was slow going at first but I soon happened upon a solid, deep nickel signal. Out popped a buffalo. I rescanned the hole and got another target in there. As I brushed the dirt away a silver rim appeared. Out came a 1947-D GW. A short time later I found another buffalo across the yard. My buddy also found a watch fob from Armour Meats 1915 grand opening. There's one currently selling on eBay for $100! Today I went to my girlfriend's grandmother's house and found a few wheats and a nice 1943-S Merc. I wish I could keep the silver streak going but I must leave for work tomorrow for 3 days!

4zSCCpE.jpg

umx7DGS.jpg

61ZIb2J.jpg

e6KP26B.jpg

eO7b9OG.jpg

Awesome finds! Nice job. There sure has been a lot of walkers being found lately. I would take another! :D

Small, medium and large silvers, a couple Buffalos and the vintage sterling...congrats on some fine digging!

Thank you Captain!

Awesome finds! Nice job. There sure has been a lot of walkers being found lately. I would take another! :D

Thank you! I'll take another as well!:lol:

Congrats...just finding any one of those coins is worth a post by its self. Well done.

Thanks JAK! That walker you just found is gorgeous!

You had a great day. Congrats!

Thank you! I don't get many days like this but I enjoyed it while it lasted!

Some real fine hunting Fred. Congrats on the Walker, the GW, the sterling and all the rest. Looks to be some nice sites your detecting. Trapper

Thank you Trapper! I've gotten pretty lucky lately with some good permissions. I wish they were all fruitful though!

Congrats on the walker and other finds. That piece of a ring looks old.

Thanks! I tried looking for the rest of the jewelry piece nearby but didn't locate anything else.

That's some nice hunting, Congrats on the big silver and all the rest!
I envy your door knocking skills, I live near some of the oldest property in the country but have no nerve for door knocking. :no:
It's a good skill to have, Congrats again on the finds!

Back
Top Bottom