• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

22K Pendant.....1st water gold FTY ***New Photos Added***

pine3874

Elite Member
Found this one of a kind beautiful 22K pendant at our local lake this morning. Rang up as a nickel on my Makro Kruzer in chest deep water. I had it tested and it is a minimum of 22K, could be higher, but didn't have any acid to test for 24K. At first I thought the object inside the gold chains was a tooth and took it to a veterinarian to find out what kind of animal it was from. The two vets that looked at it said that it wasn't a tooth at all and was probably some type of stone. If you have any idea what kind of stone it may be, please let me know. When I get a chance I'll take to a jeweler to see if they can tell me what it is.

UPDATE: It's bone.

Attachments

• p1.jpg
    p1.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 665
  • p2.jpg
    p2.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 666
  • p3.jpg
    p3.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 646
  • p4.jpg
    p4.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 681
  • p5.jpg
    p5.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 598
  • p6.jpg
    p6.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 602
  • p7.jpg
    p7.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 626
Last edited:
Found this one of a kind beautiful 22K pendant at out local lake this morning. I had it tested and it is a minimum of 22K, could be higher, but didn't have any acid to test for 24K. At first I thought the object inside the gold chains was a tooth and took it to a veterinarian to find out what kind of animal it was from. The two vets that looked at it said that it wasn't a tooth at all and was probably some type of stone. If you have any idea what kind of stone it may be, please let me know. When I get a chance I'll take to a jeweler to see if they can tell me what it is.

Wicked cool fine!!! Glad to see the lake is paying off, finally. No idea on the stone/bone.

:dingding: Nice looking high karat ticket there!

nice score! Really would need to see the specimen under magnification. Maybe try using a macro setting on your camera phone or perhaps using a magnifying glass in front of the camera?

Nice find! Doesn’t look like it was professionally made? Or maybe it’s just beat up a bit?

Great start on the gold! Hi K is rare around these parts! Big congrads!!

Back
Top Bottom