• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Rookie Year Wrap Up. Thanks For Looking.

Stiffwrists

Elite Member
I was off work today. Started thinking that it has almost been a year of detecting for me. I started out with an Ace 350 around Father's Day. Little did I know what an addiction it would become. I laid out all the funds that I had decided to save as a "keeper" at the time I found them. Kinda fun to see them all. Some of you may remember me posting some of them! Here they are all together. It has been a really fun year. 60+ silver coins, a few buffalos, Indians, a V nickle, tokens, foreign coins and lots of wheats (not pictured). I managed $600+ in clad too. Now I got to clean this mess up before my wife sees that I put all that dirty stuff on her kitchen table! Lol. Thanks for taking a look.

Attachments

• 20180522_140939_resized.jpg
    20180522_140939_resized.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 431
  • 20180522_141030_resized.jpg
    20180522_141030_resized.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 425
  • 20180522_141037_resized.jpg
    20180522_141037_resized.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 383
  • 20180522_141115_resized.jpg
    20180522_141115_resized.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 385
  • 20180522_141146_resized.jpg
    20180522_141146_resized.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 414
  • 20180522_141049_resized.jpg
    20180522_141049_resized.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 393
Looking at the pics on my phone, so it's hard to tell...that's not the good table cloth too, is it??? Better get that cleared off quick...your secret's safe here :laughing: I'm constantly in the dog house for rinsing silver off in the otherwise spotless kitchen sink...

Anywho...cool seeing everything all together! Holy cow, that's a lot of BSA neckerchief slides! You had a fantastic first year :cool:

Looking at the pics on my phone, so it's hard to tell...that's not the good table cloth too, is it??? Better get that cleared off quick...your secret's safe here :laughing: I'm constantly in the dog house for rinsing silver off in the otherwise spotless kitchen sink...

Anywho...cool seeing everything all together! Holy cow, that's a lot of BSA neckerchief slides! You had a fantastic first year :cool:

Thanks!

I started off searching churches in the area. Each one was good for at least one BSA slide. I was thinking of giving them to the local Troop, but thought they might not see the coolness in the patina. :lol:

You are seriously SLAYING it my friend !!

thanks for sharing !!!

Thank you. I definitely put the time in. I just found myself always wanting to be out there. It has slowed down somewhat, especially once it gets hotter out.

That is VERY impressive for 1 years worth of finds....great job! A ton of rings there too...:shock::shock:

Thanks! Most are junk, but they are one of my favorites to find. The top 2 rows are 925 or just gold plated. Only a single 10K.

Thanks! Most are junk, but they are one of my favorites to find. The top 2 rows are silver or gold plated. Only a single 10K.
Rings are my favorite too.

My ONLY 10k was small and thin.. it was my first ring find

but

this was when I was digging everything.. today I would never of dug it.. the signal was that weak and crappy at only 2 inches.

Rings are my favorite too.

My ONLY 10k was small and thin.. it was my first ring find

but

this was when I was digging everything.. today I would never of dug it.. the signal was that weak and crappy at only 2 inches.

Sometimes our first is the most memorable. Really cool that your first ring was gold! My first gold was a 1950 class ring. It sounded like a pulltab or a nickel. It was in an old park. I have dug soooo many midtones from that place since... nothing but junk.

Last edited:
You have had a very impressive start in this hobby. No doubt you have spent the time learning and then producing to achieve the amount of quantity and quality finds accumulated upon the wife's fine tablecloth. I hope your second year will be even better. Trapper

thats one heck of a year for your first year. I think I had about 1/4 of that volume my first year.

I was off work today. Started thinking that it has almost been a year of detecting for me. I started out with an Ace 350 around Father's Day. Little did I know what an addiction it would become. I laid out all the funds that I had decided to save as a "keeper" at the time I found them. Kinda fun to see them all. Some of you may remember me posting some of them! Here they are all together. It has been a really fun year. 60+ silver coins, a few buffalos, Indians, a V nickle, tokens, foreign coins and lots of wheats (not pictured). I managed $600+ in clad too. Now I got to clean this mess up before my wife sees that I put all that dirty stuff on her kitchen table! Lol. Thanks for taking a look.
WOW!! Awesome first year! I wish my first year was a fraction of what you found. Well, actually I guess it was a fraction...just not the fraction I was hoping for LOL. HH!!

You have CLEANED UP, stiffwrists. Well done. That's a gob of silver coins. The ACE 350 has been good to you.

An upgrade to AT Pro... that should be in your future. You'll find it has a nasty learning curve compared to a belltone machine (which is just beep and dig), but after the first 25-50 hours of using it, all of a sudden you will blow-through your old find rates, and by 100 hours, you'll be 50%-100% more good targets per hunt session, because you'll be able to skip so much more garbage.

I note this, because the ACE350 was my own first machine, too. :)

Cheers, and well done!

Back
Top Bottom