• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

I Just Found My 4th Standing Liberty Quarter For The Year

beephead

Elite Member
I got off to a late start this morning because I didn't want to fight the rush hour traffic and I didn't feel like leaving real early to beat it. So I just sat around the house drinking coffee and surfing the internet.

I decided to go back to the last site that I detected and finish up. My battle plan was to digs all the coins out of the yard, no cherry picking. I wanted to use my Deus first because it's faster at clearing out coins than my CTX is because it's faster to pinpoint with. Well when I got there two doors down they were reroofing a house and making all kinds of noise and I didn't bring my full cup headphones for the Deus, so I started with my CTX first.

Around 65 coins were found on this hunt and 8 of them were nickels with one of them being a Buffalo nickel. The CTX the way I have it set it up, it hammers them. I also found 8 wheat pennies which always spurs me on.

The 1927 Standing Liberty Quarter was found around 6 feet from where I found the other SLQ on my last hunt. The Buffalo nickel was just a few feet away from where I found the first SLQ. Something happened there years ago.

After moving back towards the corner were I found the two Mercury dimes on my last hunt, I got my search coil over a 1964 Rosie dime. It was getting to be around 11:15 or so and I had already dug nearly 80 targets and I was getting a little tired and needed a restroom break as well. I was going to come back and go back over the entire area again with the Deus, but I decided to head for the house instead and maybe hit it tomorrow or the next day. I'm curious on just how much the Deus is going to find.

beephead

Attachments

• IMG_2135.jpg
    IMG_2135.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 515
  • IMG_2136.jpg
    IMG_2136.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 491
  • IMG_2137.jpg
    IMG_2137.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 475
  • IMG_2138.jpg
    IMG_2138.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 474
  • IMG_2139.jpg
    IMG_2139.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 458
  • IMG_2140.jpg
    IMG_2140.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 462
  • IMG_2141.jpg
    IMG_2141.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 459
  • IMG_2143.jpg
    IMG_2143.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 460
  • IMG_2145.jpg
    IMG_2145.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 455
  • IMG_2146.jpg
    IMG_2146.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 465
Totally Jelly! What a Lid Shot! A fresh hair cut and 4 Standers for the year so far? Concealed carries even, a whole stable full of topshelf detectors?? Daily Wild adventures afield?

Man!...What a Wonderful Life you are having Beep!!

Roofers! The banging messes with the beeping. No fun. Good thing you had options to adapt. Nice going on the run of standers so far...and all the other goods too.

Great outing Beep. Post about the second round and what the Deus cleans up in there. You certainly have/had a lot of targets!:grin:

That was a lot of digging for sure. Congrats on all your finds and especially the SLQ. A lot of folks won't find 4 in a career much less in one year.

Nice hunt beep! Been at the for 6 seasons now, still can't find that stander...congrats!
Thanks! I guess that I'm just lucky.

Nice hunt beep, WTG
Thanks!

Congrats on the silver.After 80 targets your body does get tired.
Thanks! I was tired way before 80 target.

Totally Jelly! What a Lid Shot! A fresh hair cut and 4 Standers for the year so far? Concealed carries even, a whole stable full of topshelf detectors?? Daily Wild adventures afield?

Man!...What a Wonderful Life you are having Beep!!
Thanks! I forgot about the fresh haircut. The odds of me getting another SLQ this year is slim to none at all. I'll have a better chance of finding a gold ring.

Looks like you had a good hunt.
Thanks! I get lucky every once in awhile and find a good site that has some silver coins.

Roofers! The banging messes with the beeping. No fun. Good thing you had options to adapt. Nice going on the run of standers so far...and all the other goods too.
Thanks! When it's noisy you have to a full cup headphones are the barking dogs, busy traffic, leaf blowers etc. will screw up your hunt in a hurry. In the summertime that sucks because of the heat.

Nice plate full of finds.
Congrats.
Thanks! I was getting a little tired of getting up and down to dig targets.

Nice finds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks! I can't wait to go back and see what I missed.

Love those 'Walkers'! Congrats on all of your finds!
--Bert
Thanks!

Super hunt there beep! Someday maybe I can find an SLQ....
Thanks! Finding them is just plain ole luck and being at a good site.

Great outing Beep. Post about the second round and what the Deus cleans up in there. You certainly have/had a lot of targets!:grin:
Thanks! Second round will be tomorrow or the next day. I'll post my finds. It's no telling what I might find with the Deus.

beephead

I love SLQs. Haven't found one metal detecting yet but have a few in my collection. Congrats on the nice hunt.

Back
Top Bottom