• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Finally got out !!

yooper69

Elite Member
Couldn't wait any longer for the snow to melt . Took a ride looking for logging jobs and found one where had plowed the snow enough for me to do some swinging had a dozen or so targets in about a hour and decided to start digging. Luckily i had brought the pick ax with me cause the ground is still quite frozen down about 8-10 inches . After chopping down through the frozen dirt i was finally able to dig with my small hand shovel. And for the first time ever use a pinpointer "carrot" . I usually never dig the smaller pieces but my wife and daughters want to start detecting with me so i bought the garrett carrot so they can get the smaller ones i usually pass up. So after i dug a couple i decided to wait for the ground to thaw a little more. 5.jpg

thumbnail.jpgI tried to make a little spot shine. Still waiting for my new belt sander.

How big is it Yooper? What county are you in? I'm under the bridge but get up to Iron county for deer camp.[/QUOTE
Houghton. It is small little over a pound. Had 2 good targets i didn't dig because the ground was to difficult to get a very big hole and they were over a foot plus deep.

Thats so cool! I ran up from the basement and told my Wife about your post! I've been keeping her up to date on our correspondence....I said, "You know that Yooper guy I've been telling you about?"

Yeah! She wants me to go find her some big copper now!:laughing:

Please forgive my ignorance. I was being a bit sarcastic calling them rocks and I see now that it needs to be noted, as it doesn't come across that way just looking at the comment. We don't have the float copper down here. From the sounds of it, you will come out better with the polished float copper. Will be interesting to see your pieces when you get them shined up.

Thats so cool! I ran up from the basement and told my Wife about your post! I've been keeping her up to date on our correspondence....I said, "You know that Yooper guy I've been telling you about?"

Yeah! She wants me to go find her some big copper now!:laughing:

You will definitely have a new rock pile to make her and a copper nugget pile for sure . I have one request that you bring your clown outfit :laughing:

Please forgive my ignorance. I was being a bit sarcastic calling them rocks and I see now that it needs to be noted, as it doesn't come across that way just looking at the comment. We don't have the float copper down here. From the sounds of it, you will come out better with the polished float copper. Will be interesting to see your pieces when you get them shined up.

All good . If you ever get up to Michigan bring your detector would be happy to take ya out. i get more of a kick watching someone new dig some than i do myself . Unless of course it's one of those small:lol: hunks that don't get posted :lol:

Back
Top Bottom