• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

WW1 dog tag found today!

coin whisperer

Elite Member
Today I went back to a house I’ve hunted a few times in late dec to see what else I could find. The place is littered with trash but I managed to find a few keepers. I ended up finding three wheaties, a top to a old makeup compact and the find of the day a WW1 marine or navy dog tag!! It reads Guill John USA and on the reverse has his numbers and someone added a bullet hole. I almost tossed it thinking it was off of a power pole but got a ID on Facebook. It made the three hours in the cold worth it! Ty for looking and HH!
a616fb09cb69b802befc941041b7f3df.jpg

6310b6a3f720ea3d322849af02d3ad1c.jpg

d926bffb98110f9f03df6eed6288a6a1.jpg

c35ab3735c9217831bb3f94803746265.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, Coin......Are you going to try to hang it on the tombstone? It would be quite an honorable gesture, and if the family visits, I'm sure it would be appreciated.

Roger

That was an awesome find! It'd be great if ya can find a family member and let them know you hung his dog tag on the Tombstone. Wow!

That was an awesome find! It'd be great if ya can find a family member and let them know you hung his dog tag on the Tombstone. Wow!

Ty bud! I would like to find some family members but don’t know where to start

A very sobering find CW.....My great-grandfather was in the thick of WW1 and I sure would like to have something that belonged to him returned to me! Hope you can track some family down.....

A very sobering find CW.....My great-grandfather was in the thick of WW1 and I sure would like to have something that belonged to him returned to me! Hope you can track some family down.....

I hope I’m able to locate a family member

Congrats on the cool finds and finding out some info about who owned that dog tag. Those wheats are in really good shape for coming out of the ground!

Now Thats a trophy there CW! Cool that the resting place was located! Imagine presenting that back to the Family at the Gravesite?

Back
Top Bottom