• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

I Got Engaged!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
I had a yearly supposed daylong meeting yesterday that I knew would end early so I got my gear ready the night before and loaded up in the truck in the morning. (This is the same meeting last year that I hunted afterwards and found THE watch). The meeting ended just after 12pm where they served us lunch. Low tide was at 1:15pm, and although not ideal tide conditions the surf was calm so that was good. I was out hunting in the water around 12:45. I had decided to work and area I rarely do but conditions were just not there so I walked back into the opposite direction and did the area I constantly hit but that also gets more people. I tried offshore and nothing, so I went back and worked some light erosion close to the shore in an area I had just done last week. I was getting some caked coins so I knew there was new stuff to be found. At around the 2 hour mark is when I got a good signal. I go in to scoop and just as I’m about to get the scoop up I see the glint of gold coming through the scooped sand. :shock: I put the scoop bag down and pluck the ring with my hand out of the scoop. :dingding: I knew immediately I had scored! I continued hunting for another hour and half for #2 but only the little silver ring showed up. No matter, my work was done! At home I put on my jeweler’s glasses and see the ring is marked “IK©14K” AND “3HD102”. I imagine the 2nd set of markings relates to the diamond(s) but I don’t know for sure. The diamond tests good on the tester as well. It was nice getting a score in and I’m hoping for at least another one before the year is over.

Attachments

• 12-16-17.jpg
    12-16-17.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 771
  • 12-16-17 Ring1.jpg
    12-16-17 Ring1.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 753
  • 12-16-17 Ring2.jpg
    12-16-17 Ring2.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 741
  • 12-15-16 Fits.jpg
    12-15-16 Fits.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 741
You are very lucky. If I would have found that, My wife would just say , Thank You.. That is what happens to my good finds. Did you find out yet what the value might be on it.. That sure is a great find.. KEN :D

Man! It sure dont pay to hunt clad down there in your AO! Lookat that rotten stuff!
Very nice High $ ring you got there Felix! I remember that Rolex you found! We had fun with that post! :laughing:

A real beauty!! 15 more days left.. I see a few more!!

I had a yearly supposed daylong meeting yesterday that I knew would end early so I got my gear ready the night before and loaded up in the truck in the morning. (This is the same meeting last year that I hunted afterwards and found THE watch). The meeting ended just after 12pm where they served us lunch. Low tide was at 1:15pm, and although not ideal tide conditions the surf was calm so that was good. I was out hunting in the water around 12:45. I had decided to work and area I rarely do but conditions were just not there so I walked back into the opposite direction and did the area I constantly hit but that also gets more people. I tried offshore and nothing, so I went back and worked some light erosion close to the shore in an area I had just done last week. I was getting some caked coins so I knew there was new stuff to be found. At around the 2 hour mark is when I got a good signal. I go in to scoop and just as I’m about to get the scoop up I see the glint of gold coming through the scooped sand. :shock: I put the scoop bag down and pluck the ring with my hand out of the scoop. :dingding: I knew immediately I had scored! I continued hunting for another hour and half for #2 but only the little silver ring showed up. No matter, my work was done! At home I put on my jeweler’s glasses and see the ring is marked “IK©14K” AND “3HD102”. I imagine the 2nd set of markings relates to the diamond(s) but I don’t know for sure. The diamond tests good on the tester as well. It was nice getting a score in and I’m hoping for at least another one before the year is over.

Nice job Felix! Sure beats a crusty penny. :)

I wondered about the 3HD102, and I couldn't find a thing indicating anything that would suggest it was a diamond marking. As a result, I'm thinking it is some sort of serial number, instead. there wasn't a single combination I could imagine with the 3HD102 that made sense. Unless you could pull stones or estimate their weight at just over 1 carat, I would think this is purely serial or model # info.

Gorgeous ring, though, man. Nice find!

fantastic find, i dont like work meetings, but id look forward to that one every year. congrats!!!!

Very nice ring! Good job!

Sooooo, whats the historical relic???

Back
Top Bottom