• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

240 plus targets

Kapi

Forum Supporter
Just a reminder to some of the newer folks. This was today's hunt for me. Not a single piece of jewelry after digging 240 plus targets.

Keep digging! :grin:

Attachments

• 240 targets.jpg
    240 targets.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 589
That's the way it goes sometimes, other days you walk out and the first target makes that sweet low signal and bam!

Ouch. All those fishing sinkers evidences that "weight distribution" was not robbing you of gold ring potential. So I'm wondering if the particular beach you were at, is simply not a touristy swim beach in the first place ? Ie.: maybe it's more of a locals dog-walker type beach, where a lot of people fish . As opposed to a high end tourist beach where lots of people frolic in the water.

I've seen such distinctions at some of our area beaches: At some you simply do not even see people in bathing suits. They're just locals-only dumpy dog-walker type beaches, with zero hotels close by, no shops or restaurants close, etc.. At these beaches you can go 300 targets before ever getting a ring.

Yet at others: They're close to the tourist draws (shopping, golf, swanky restaurants, tourist attractions, etc...). And scores of people in bathing suits splashing in the water. At these beaches the ratios are more like 100 targets per keeper-ring.

I had one yesterday that was similar but with less trash that I'll post later. That's the way the gold game rolls!

Ahhhhhh this is a very familiar sight! :lol:

This is what many a hunt of mine looks like.

Except with fewer sinkers and less clad.

And more giant chunks of iron!!!:mad:

That's what I get for trying to hunt trashy beaches with a PI. :yes:

What kind of depth on those Targets Kapi? Sure is alot of digging girl! And I'm guessing you slept well last night!

Is that part of a pistol? Danggit....can't remember the name of that part, but you know the thing that holds the bullets.

Attachments

• pistol.JPG
    pistol.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 450
What kind of depth on those Targets Kapi? Sure is alot of digging girl! And I'm guessing you slept well last night!

Almost everything was pretty deep except some of the pull tabs. I was hitting an area that's been worked over hard but numerous people since Irma but some more sand had moved off of it yesterday morning.

:wow: Many of those targets could've been gold or silver! :)

Shoulda been! Maybe today :)

Ahhhhhh this is a very familiar sight! :lol:

This is what many a hunt of mine looks like.

Except with fewer sinkers and less clad.

And more giant chunks of iron!!!:mad:

That's what I get for trying to hunt trashy beaches with a PI. :yes:

I've never tried a PI except for once in the ocean looking for a ring lost. I had borrowed it from Dick before I got my Excals :)

I had one yesterday that was similar but with less trash that I'll post later. That's the way the gold game rolls!

Yeppers!

All that old lead has me drooling :wow: got to be some big yellow just waiting for ya next hunt Kapi :yes:

Me too! That's why I stayed so long I kept thinging OUCH THIS HURTS but there has to be gold here!!

LOL

Ouch. All those fishing sinkers evidences that "weight distribution" was not robbing you of gold ring potential. So I'm wondering if the particular beach you were at, is simply not a touristy swim beach in the first place ? Ie.: maybe it's more of a locals dog-walker type beach, where a lot of people fish . As opposed to a high end tourist beach where lots of people frolic in the water.

I've seen such distinctions at some of our area beaches: At some you simply do not even see people in bathing suits. They're just locals-only dumpy dog-walker type beaches, with zero hotels close by, no shops or restaurants close, etc.. At these beaches you can go 300 targets before ever getting a ring.

Yet at others: They're close to the tourist draws (shopping, golf, swanky restaurants, tourist attractions, etc...). And scores of people in bathing suits splashing in the water. At these beaches the ratios are more like 100 targets per keeper-ring.

That's just the thing. It's a very popular compact tourist spot that I usually dig a lot of gold out of but not this time! :(

Dang that looks like fun there! What's that swastika thing?

I'm not sure. It seems to be cheap metal and not too old. It's hollow on the back. Larry said he found something with swastikas on it in the same spot a couple days ago so it's possible he has another piece. When I go there this weekend I'll see if our two parts fit together.

That's the way it goes sometimes, other days you walk out and the first target makes that sweet low signal and bam!

So very true!

Now that is a worthwhile post! Gosh, that was a whole lotta' digging!

Yeah boy am I sore. I don't mind sore when I have a nice ring to show for it but man....

:( indeed!

Shoot!!!

<°)))>{

Yeah! Maybe today. Got a blue excal coming in the mail today so I have to stay and sign for it. Looks like by the tracking it might not even make it til tomorrow but can't risk not being here :(

Now that’s a reality check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed!

Back
Top Bottom