• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

An hour with the Impact

choppadude

Forum Supporter
Working 12 hour 7 day rotating shifts right now so not much time to swing but did manage an hour with the Impact today. The spot is a circa 1920's school that has been hunted hard. Hit is with the Deus and CTX3030 earlier in the week and me and Bibelot went there the other day with the Sorex Pro and Racer. Wheats are usually found but silver is few and far between. Hit a good signal in the 81-82 range at about 6" out pops this sweet Merc dime!
Have made a commitment to spend 90% of the rest of this season swinging the Impact. Will be going to the Beach this weekend and give it a try there also.
So far I really like this machine. Unlike the Deus, when I sit the Impact down to dig a target it is completely silent.

Will be going to the Beach this weekend and give it a try there also.

I reckon you'll like it on the sand. The COG mode works well on the wet for me (Gain: 85 to 90, Disc: 10, Frequency 20 is what I use, Drop the gain a touch if it's too chatty)
DI2 is what I've had the best luck with on dry sand, (Gain: 90, Disc: 15, Frequency: 14)

Having said all that I'm sure you'll find your own settings that work for your type of sand.

Good luck!

I reckon you'll like it on the sand. The COG mode works well on the wet for me (Gain: 85 to 90, Disc: 10, Frequency 20 is what I use, Drop the gain a touch if it's too chatty)
DI2 is what I've had the best luck with on dry sand, (Gain: 90, Disc: 15, Frequency: 14)

Having said all that I'm sure you'll find your own settings that work for your type of sand.

Good luck!

Thanks for the tips! I'll split the pull tabs with you LOL!

Nice catch Choppa. I was going to ask you to hunt this morning but I'm needing better grounds to go to.

Nice catch Choppa. I was going to ask you to hunt this morning but I'm needing better grounds to go to.

Yeah I hear ya! Everything is drying up including the ground. A week of overnight rain would help. Doing the 7pm - 7am shift this week so I am trying to get out between 2 and 4 pm. If you are down this way during those times this week give me a shout we will find someplace to hunt

Nokta Impact

Working 12 hour 7 day rotating shifts right now so not much time to swing but did manage an hour with the Impact today. The spot is a circa 1920's school that has been hunted hard. Hit is with the Deus and CTX3030 earlier in the week and me and Bibelot went there the other day with the Sorex Pro and Racer. Wheats are usually found but silver is few and far between. Hit a good signal in the 81-82 range at about 6" out pops this sweet Merc dime!
Have made a commitment to spend 90% of the rest of this season swinging the Impact. Will be going to the Beach this weekend and give it a try there also.
So far I really like this machine. Unlike the Deus, when I sit the Impact down to dig a target it is completely silent.

Great job with the Impact, took me a little time for me to get use to the detector. I really enjoy the search mode VLX1
What mode are you using?
dennis

Great job with the Impact, took me a little time for me to get use to the detector. I really enjoy the search mode VLX1
What mode are you using?
dennis

Mostly the DI99 but have been locating targets and then rescanning with other modes. The DI4 and Deep modes seem pretty good as well as the VLX1
The plan is to immerse myself in this unit for the remainder of the season. Have a beach hunt as well as a relic hunt planned for it.

Back
Top Bottom