Time for a quick silver...Update - and another

Captain Silver

Elite Member
There's a store I go to every couple,
3 weeks that has a patch of woods behind it that I've always wanted to hunt.
One of those...you can look at it and smell silver kinda places:yes:
I've had no time to detect the last several days, or even the energy to as it's been 90 degrees and humid all week, but today I had to go to that store...so I brought along the Ex II and hit the woods for about a half hour first I remember showing Silver Bandit this place last time he was up north and he didn't think it was worth running the coils thru...but like I said, I smelled silver worth another hunt once it cools down some, I got heated up in short order and took my time shopping afterwards, soaking up the a/c...the finds 80 cents in clad, several aluminum bottlecaps, a wheat from the 50's, a Benrus watch from the early 60's and silver #125... I could have broke out the other dirt machine today but decided to go with what got me this far this season once more...It's going to be hard parking this one as it has a nearly perfect record since last November on both dirt and the slopes at the beaches, on the few outings when it didn't find silver or sterling it uncovered silly things...like coppers and Large Cents:lol: Hope to be in the water this weekend as the tides will be right, just need the weather to cooperate for once. Regardless of when, where or what detector, I'm going to keep the heat on and run the numbers up...get 'em one at a time or go and dig a handful in a week, whatever it takes. Last 2 seasons I took time off from hunting and didn't go for the benchmark 200 silvers...I'm not missing it this year. That's all for this outing, thanks for the looks and see you after the next. Happy Hunting!

Last edited:
Way to take advantage of an opportunity. Congrats on the Merc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good one Bruce! And I gotta say...I really like the 1050 stock coil. That's just me. It seems smooth,goes deep...there's something about the audio response with that coil that is different,good or bad. I like it a lot. I don't much care for the mounting point on the coil itself but other than that I've had very good success with it. Good to see you're doing it the justice it deserves!

Good one Bruce! And I gotta say...I really like the 1050 stock coil. That's just me. It seems smooth,goes deep...there's something about the audio response with that coil that is different,good or bad. I like it a lot. I don't much care for the mounting point on the coil itself but other than that I've had very good success with it. Good to see you're doing it the justice it deserves!

This is the coil I snapped the ears off of months back, a little superglue to reattach them and it's been good since. They can take plenty of abuse. I prefer the 1050 over the Pro coil as they hang up on stuff less, are as deep if not slightly deeper in my dirt and on the local beaches...and also easier to center in on the target with since I don't use the pinpoint on the machine.

Congrats on the merc! I'm dying to know what your other dirt machine is?!?! And why you won't use it :laughing: if it ain't broke don't fix it right? a few trips to the beach should get your 200 im sure. Im just glad you live in another state :lol: Happy hunting out there!

Oh Bruce... you are always right! Ill listen better this winter when I come visit![emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So this morning I had to go back to that same store from yesterday...was a no brainer to bring the Ex II again and get another quick silver from the woods before shopping took 20 minutes to find 46 cents, a junk ring, the brass base to a lightbulb, 3 wheats and then the silver #126... a smells like silver spot...ain't that right Jason:lol:

Please stop posting your fabulous finds. You are driving me crazy! You just keep finding it and, and , and....Oh well, great job, Sir Silver....Congrats!

all that from the dirtbag market you always stop at????:laughing:

Beach was brutal yesterday btw.

Back
Top Bottom