Petronel: Combination of French/Latin words?

Doug

Elite Member
A first for me, a working toy musket (Petronel) C1600-1700's.

All finds found in England with a Deus Lite and 11 inch coil in grass fields.

Thanks for looking............Doug.

"The name Peronel, French 'petrinel' or 'poitrina' was given to the weapon either because it was fired with the butt resting against the chest French 'poitrine', Latin 'pectus.''"

C1905 Edwardian, possible book charm, missing loop.

Artifacts.

Coins, love token far right.

Silver: Elizabeth 1st 1533-1603

Interesting etymology! What a fantastic find - love the wee book as well... and of course I am envious seeing a nice hammered silver!

Great finds Doug! That gun is sweet, very unusual, but the Elizabeth silver is very sweet.

Thank you.

That Elizabeth coin is awesome! Congrats!

Thank you.

Interesting etymology! What a fantastic find - love the wee book as well... and of course I am envious seeing a nice hammered silver!

Thank you.

I'm struggling now to find fields to search until the crops are harvested July/August.

We have a serious lack of rain of late which makes the grass fields very difficult to dig.

Just 10% of our normal rainfall in April.

I'm struggling now to find fields to search until the crops are harvested July/August.

Same issue here - I went from having a great early spring to all of a sudden having a lack of sites to hunt, so I'm going to have to start branching out for some new permissions...

Same issue here - I went from having a great early spring to all of a sudden having a lack of sites to hunt, so I'm going to have to start branching out for some new permissions...

This was the temperature on Friday out in the sun, even went higher up to 44.0C.(111.2F)

39.6C = 103.28F

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom