Tungsten....

GroundSweeper

Forum Supporter
It could have been a good ring, but it wasn't.

Kicked this up from a vball sand court. No gold out of this location and it hasn't been a cornucopia of good finds, but it's easy and fun. Never know...

Kicked up this target and when I saw a black ring I knew it was junk. Heavy sucker. Oh, the coins came from the adjacent ball field, except for that lower right zinc which came out before the ring from the sand.

Anyway, maybe the next will be a good one, never know!

Attachments

• IMG_9658.jpg
    IMG_9658.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 513
  • IMG_9647.jpg
    IMG_9647.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 527
I know that ring. Got one just like it. Got it from a metal detectorist who found it in Hawaii. LOL

I LOVE finding Tungsten. I don't know why, they're not any more valuable than stainless steel, but man, they just feel "right" in the hand. :)

Skippy

I know that ring. Got one just like it. Got it from a metal detectorist who found it in Hawaii. LOL

I LOVE finding Tungsten. I don't know why, they're not any more valuable than stainless steel, but man, they just feel "right" in the hand. :)

Skippy

Cool! :lol:

No offense meant ;)

It doesn't fit me, oversized on my pinkie but no go.

It is a heavy sucker, that is a good feel!

I've found three tungsten rings so far. Just sold one on ebay for .99...luckily I made an extra $1.53 on shipping:lol:

I've found three tungsten rings so far. Just sold one on ebay for .99...luckily I made an extra $1.53 on shipping:lol:

That has been my experience too. Now I have a growing pile of them in front of my 'puter monitor. :roll:

That's better than digging 253 zincs! :lol:

http://www.coyotesteel.com/assets/img/info_weightspercubicfoot.jpg

Link above to a good reference chart to show you the weight/density of common and not so common metals. Tungsten is much heavier than lead and is common in military weapon munitions. Question I have does it tarnish the skin? Is it an alloy or is it sealed to prevent tarnishing?

Got me but it certainly is heavy!

I found that exact same ring 2 weeks ago.

Awesome, want a twin? :lol:

I'd trade my tungstens that I find for $2.50! That's awesome. :)

:thumbsup:

My wedding band is Tungsten Carbide. Love the black color but this sucker is heavy!

It cool in that it has some serious weight but I'm after gold!

Congrats! Still a fun find.

Thanks Jam!

Still a great find! I've yet to find a tungsten, congrats!

My first tungsten, thanks Jeff.

That has been my experience too. Now I have a growing pile of them in front of my 'puter monitor. :roll:

I hope I don't have that infliction but seeing as it comes with all that gold too, I'll reconsider!

Nice work, congrats on the ringer!

Super duper heavy, they always look perfect because they can't get scratched, dented, bent... Not sure about the coating some have, that might scratch?

<°)))>{

Super duper heavy, they always look perfect because they can't get scratched, dented, bent... Not sure about the coating some have, that might scratch?

<°)))>{

Unless they're sittin' down in the hole snuggled up next to a big ol' diamond:lol:

<°)))>{

Thanks Ice. If anything it's a "first" and hopefully a last :laughing: nah, any rings better than not ring sorta...

Unless they're sittin' down in the hole snuggled up next to a big ol' diamond:lol:

Ha! I'll take it!

Back
Top Bottom