First water hunt of the year...

Captain Silver

Elite Member
Got out before sunrise with the repaired Excal Sword for my first water hunt since last summer when the headphones died. The morning started with me unable to find the headlamp so the hunt began in the dark, then the waders began filling up with 40 degree water in the left foot:roll: After 6 months of hunting with the Explorer, it took a while before the Excal's tones made sense to me again and I stopped scooping in front of the targets, what few I found wading around for a couple hours... Only found one cookie coin but at least it was a silver, #49 for the year:D My headphone repair and waterproofing was good at least, no leaks, but the waders gonna need replacing again:laughing: That's it for this outing, thanks for the looks and see you after the next...Happy Hunting!

Up before the dawn, hunting in the dark, leaky waders, technical troubles...a bunch of nothing found...Yep! Thats a Great Hunt there!:laughing:

I hope I never have to detect in waders. Congrats on another silver!

At least you guys can find brass shotgun head stamps. Ours are usually iron modern ones:lol:

Come on up... I'll take you to a beach that you will find dozens each hunt.... they sure sound good when they are deep.

I'm working on that retirement and I'm getting close. My plan is to hit the beaches for a year or so. So you better get your hunting in while you can cause I'm cleaning house LOL.

Nice to hunt in the water don't get your waders at dicks they are junk didn't last one season

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Nice to hunt in the water don't get your waders at dicks they are junk didn't last one season

Lol its funny how many of us buy those crappy proline waders even though we know they will leak. Last hunt mine sprung a nice leak in the crotchal region. That was a load of fun. I swear the quality of them has gone down. Ive used them for 3 or 4 years and the quality of each pair is worse than the prior.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Santa got me a pair of hogman one's last Xmas we will see how they hold up if Santa didn't get those I was looking at orvis pricey though

Next year im going to spend the money on a quality pair of neoprenes

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom