Remember Wed, and Keep it Unholy Part 2

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
Took my son in law back to the sledding hill in the park in Roosevelt Utah today. He used my Etrac and I used my Whites Eagle SL2. Boy did we get our workout. He got a dollar coin, A 1972 Kennedy half, 51 quarters, 7 dimes and a lighter and a flashlight.

I got 82 quarters, 33 dimes, 16 nickels and 13 pennies, two hot wheels cars and a pocket knife. I was digging most the dime signals and some of the off the wall numbers to see if they were pocket spills. Most were.

Really unbelievable how much clad is buried in that hill. Nobody could have played at it very long if at all since they opened the park in 1984. Still a lot more to be had. Passed up a lot of signals that were not quarters.

Anyway, I promised a picture of the sign and here it is. Also a picture of my son in law grabbing quarters with my machine!

Can't argue too much with that, dang that's a bountiful hill! Makes me want to go hunt some sledding hills this spring! Cool pics, and nice hunting!

Well folks. I THINK somebody figured out what the sign meant on another site.

I NEVER thought of it but it makes perfect sense!

No metal detecting in or around park ALLOWED. Somebody stole the "O", is a pretty good assumption.

Since I just have a screwdriver and I don't dig, I am still going to play stupid. I have been there 4 times and have never been bothered so I guess I will wait and see if I ever do get bothered.

I really would have never thought of that.

:laughing::laughing: Oh Man! You ole bandit! :laughing::laughing: What are you gonna do next? Knock over an ATM and tell everybody you thought it was a Coinstar?

Of course! "All Wed"! Ok, Ok...for a hoot, go over there and paint over the "NO" and take an "O" and stick it right in there with the All Wed!

Oh damn Dee! No wonder all that clad!! Shooting fish in a barrel! Out of season!:laughing:

:laughing::laughing: Oh Man! You ole bandit! :laughing::laughing: What are you gonna do next? Knock over an ATM and tell everybody you thought it was a Coinstar?

Of course! "All Wed"! Ok, Ok...for a hoot, go over there and paint over the "NO" and take an "O" and stick it right in there with the All Wed!

Oh damn Dee! No wonder all that clad!! Shooting fish in a barrel! Out of season!:laughing:

Another RIOT of a post Mud. I could even put the O back and steal the NO instead of paint over it.

I am sure they play their ball games on Wed so I will make sure I don't take the clad then!

Actually this park is huge and that is the only sign I have seen in the whole park. There are places to park where you would never see the sign. It is possibly in the city rules though. No clue here.

My wife and I were talking about your park discovery and the sign. It seemed impossible that such a great spot would still be unsearched if they put up a sign, which is a signal that there is detector activity there.

How was the "O" on the sign removed? Are they stick-on letters or something? Is there a shadow, or evidence of one being there?
Seems like you would probably be OK using the ignorance:confused::crazy::confused: defense, and the sign until your first confrontation with the authorities. :police: Just don't show up on Wed. :police:

This is turning out to be about the best story / saga of M.D. in a long time

:workforgold: Stash that wheel barrow load of quarters and other loot. I don't recommend burying it. :pirate2:

Keep hunting that place, just not on a Wednesday:lol: It's doubtful it's been hunted much at all with all the quarters you guys are finding.

My wife and I were talking about your park discovery and the sign. It seemed impossible that such a great spot would still be unsearched if they put up a sign, which is a signal that there is detector activity there.

How was the "O" on the sign removed? Are they stick-on letters or something? Is there a shadow, or evidence of one being there?
Seems like you would probably be OK using the ignorance:confused::crazy::confused: defense, and the sign until your first confrontation with the authorities. :police: Just don't show up on Wed. :police:

This is turning out to be about the best story / saga of M.D. in a long time

:workforgold: Stash that wheel barrow load of quarters and other loot. I don't recommend burying it. :pirate2:

I didn't get close enough to see if any evidence is there at all. Never even gave it a second thought till someone realized the O was probably missing. It probably will help my defense that I was a state cop here. I think any officer would find the sign amusing to say the least.

I will go back and pop more coins with a screwdriver. I won't take any digging tool with me at all.

Right now since I closed on a house today I am concentrating all my time on it. Ripped out most the carpets today, got the utilities turned on, getting ready for paint tomorrow and doing minor repairs. Fun Fun Fun. Would rather be detecting!

serveimage

That sign is a riot! So did you supervise your child at all times? :lol:

"Be a Man, Throw it in the Can" That one sign says....so as a good person, thats what you should do...snip the 'No Detect' sign off of there and throw it in the garbage can! 15 seconds tops....:laughing::laughing: If the Five Oh rolls up and gives you sass, tell them you are 'Supervising' your Son-in-law!...

"Be a Man, Throw it in the Can" That one sign says....so as a good person, thats what you should do...snip the 'No Detect' sign off of there and throw it in the garbage can! 15 seconds tops....:laughing::laughing: If the Five Oh rolls up and gives you sass, tell them you are 'Supervising' your Son-in-law!...

:lol::lol:

:lol: :lol: can't believe They keep the sign up . A lot of ball parks have hills near , a good place to put a blanket down and view the game . Folks with chairs sit on the flats in front also the little kids like to play on it . Congrats Killing it ,
,,,,,HH

:laughing: Man I got to get a razor blade now. I will say when approached play dumb. My friend tried to show the marine patrol how smart he was one time. He got wrote up. Officer left me alone:lol:

I like your style there fella!

To heck with the signs, never was much of conformist myself!!

Guess we are just a bunch of no good pirates.

:laughing: Man I got to get a razor blade now. I will say when approached play dumb. My friend tried to show the marine patrol how smart he was one time. He got wrote up. Officer left me alone:lol:

Sometimes getting wrote up is the best way to go. Ice Scratcher and I were in the Detroit river last year. The sheriff came and ran him off. I stood my ground and got three citations. ALL were dismissed by a judge. I am allowed to go back and detect that area now. He is upset at me for it. Tis life in the big city.

Back
Top Bottom