Lost cell phone - Could MD damage it?

Squishy

Hello all!
My son had a friend who lost her cell phone in the snow the night before last. He took my detector yesterday to help her find it. They did find it and it still works fine. Yay!

My question is this: Since the MD puts out a pretty strong magnetic field, could it harm the electronics or erase a phone's memory? I know you are never supposed to put magnets near computers, especially the hard drives and monitors.

Thanks for your input!
-Mike-

The field is not strong enough, sort of like a magnet to a hard drive. Yea sure it could happen but the magnet is not strong enough. The magent would have to be a monster of one for it to cause any real damage.

Nope, it won't hurt it. The detector puts out a RF (radio frequency) signal, although this signal does have a magnetic component it is not strong enough to damage anything in cell phone.

As Ed in KC said anything that would be susceptible to high RF or magnetic fields would be shielded.

I dropped my phone in some snow last year. Had to get a new phone because it did get wet. If its working there is no problem with it

Thanks everyone!

Glad to know that cell phones are viable MD targets!!!

-Mike-

Back
Top Bottom