• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Do gooder reward

MDMike

I received an e-mail from lostmystuff.com regarding a ring that was locally lost. I was on my way home after work when the e-mail came through on my phone.

I wasn't going to call the guy and go out that same day but instead wait until the next day. Why? Because even though I had the detector in the truck, I did not have a change of clothes. The next thing I realized I was doing was talking on the phone. I had the area and was on my way to the beach. After a short stop at wal-mart, I was on the way to the beach again. I was changing in the truck when i encountered the first problem. The 2X shirt I bought did not fit me. I was confused because there was no way I grew that fat that fast. Looking at the shirt revealed a Y2XL.

I took my station on the beach and began a grid pattern. I had little hope because it was now at very high tide and he was on the beach on a negative low tide. I stayed high on the wet/dry divide and after 30 minutes or so was rewarded with a nice 6.7gr 14k mens band. It is engraved but not with anything to identify the owner.

I went on to search for the lost Platinum ring but without success. I called the lost ring guy to tell him the sad news but also that I would continue to look for it. As it turns out, while i was watching girls jogging in bikinis and finding gold on the beach, his wife found the ring in the babies diaper bag.

2012-06-05_20-47-26_454.jpg

Looks like you got paid for attempting to do a good deed. There is a lot of times people think they lost something on the beach and it ends up at home or in the car. I had a lady look around the area where she was setting because she couldnt find her earrings. I looked for a good 30 min..... naaa didnt find them. Moved on down the beach some and her husband came and told me she found them in her purse. Anything like my wifes purse she has it all in there..... just cant every find anything. Very Nice ring.

Dew

Great story and glad she got her ring back. You would think they checked that diaper bag before reporting but they probably never thought about it. She reached into the bag to get something,,then the ring pulled off. That is what happens all the time at the beach. I like the beach. :D You did a nice thing and got rewarded with a great ring. Your lucky day! Nice gold, many more. By the way, a Y2XL is a youth or boys shirt extra long.

Nice going! It shows if your out there, gold can be found.

I had a similar story last year. I was traveling but had an email of a lost ring with a $400. reward. I called my hunting partner and he took off looking for the ring. His first find was not the reward ring, but a nice $400. scrap gold ring. An hour later he found the reward ring.

Nice reward you got as well.

That's karma, congratulations! I bet you looked like the stereotypical md'ing nerd squeezed into the kids shirt & gridding the beach :laughing:

I lost my heavy 18K ring once after visiting Sams Club. I went nuts trying to back trace my steps as to where i had been. Finally contacted the Club..... and of all places someone found it in the frozen meat department. There are good doers like you out there.

Dew

I never seem to find anything at Folly. Its always the F2 giving me false signals out there. What kind of machine are you running?

Back
Top Bottom