Lost Class Ring at beach in Destin, FL

mknipe

I forgot to remove my class ring before going to the beach on May 22, 2012. I was tossing the football with friends when my ring flew off. We were in waste deep water directly in front of SunDestin Beach Resort in Destin, Florida.

It is a gold natural finish Texas A&M University Class of '11 ring with my name engraved on the inside. Wearing class rings is a huge tradition at my school and I literally wore the thing everywhere, so I am desperate to get it back. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Thanks, Allan! I saw that recommendation on another thread and posted there as well.

Man, If this had been the week of the 5th -11th Id have been over there asap. I was in Pensacola for some fishing and detecting and never even used the detector. Good luck, hope someone down there gets it for ya. If not. Leave a number at the desk and maybe some other guest of the place will find it and be able to call for address to return it to. Sorry for the loss man, Hope it gets recovered.

Lost Class Ring

Fellow Aggie. I am a graduate of Texas A&M and I live outside of New Orleans. I am heading over to the Destin area this week on business and I will have my Garrett AT Pro detector with me. I will attempt to locate your ring as I know how much it means to you. I have been wearing mine since 1976. Were you on the Gulf side or Bay side of Sandestin? Also, did you leave contact information with the front desk?

Bill - I just responded to your private message with details. Thanks!

Bill - I just responded to your private message with details. Thanks!

Y'all keep us posted. I just got a Surf PI and get up to Destin area every other week or so. Maybe we can double team it... I am a www.lostmystuff.net volunteer as well. I saw the lost item report and was up there yesterday but the surf was way too rough to try searching for a lost ring. If the op wants to get with me via PM (I will send one to him also) with some specific area info I will be happy to look on repeated visits. Was there public parking at this beach or is this at one of the resorts? If resort beach can you get me permission from management to park in their lot?

EDIT with Search Grid
The line between "X" & "Y" is 120 feet from the end of the Boardwalk looking thing coming out from the building​

Lost AGGIE Ring.jpg

Unfortunately, it is a resort beach and they do require parking passes at this particular resort. I can certainly check about getting permission from the resort to park, but I'm not sure it would get approved without me being a guest at the resort during the time of your visit.

However, there are places to park across the highway. The majority of my family is from Niceville and my grandmother has a time share at Club Destin Beach Resort right across the highway. Whenever my family wants to visit the beach, they park either there (regardless of being guests - and no parking pass or registering of car needed) or at Alvin's. The gate code is 8585 and is directly across the highway from Alvin's.

I hope this helps and really appreciate the responses. Thank you!

QIrET.jpg

The area highlighted in orange is my best guess to the area in which the ring was lost. I'm not sure how deep the water is in the area I marked, but we were in about 3-4 feet of water to give you a better idea.

I'm sure Alvin's appreciates your giving out the gate code to all of America. If I ever get to Destin I will be sure to park in Alvin's. I hope they don't change the code. I hope you get your ring back.

Last edited:
Any attempts?

Has anyone been able to attempt to find my ring? Let me know if it's probably a lost cause - it looks like my estimated area of where the ring is lost is MUCH larger than other posts, so that is probably a deterrent from searching in the first place...let alone only having access to the beach through private entry for the most part in the area.

I'm about to have to take a hit on the wallet and buy a replacement. It won't be the same, but it will be better than not having a ring at all!

Thanks for all the help thus far!

You do not need to give up that easily.There are a lot of good people in this formum and they are good at finding stuff(just browse a few posts).Give them a lil time to see.I just wish I was closer to help.

Back
Top Bottom