Andy Sabisch Equinox book

Interesting - I didn't realize another Equinox book was coming out. Does anyone have any info or links regarding an independent review of the content? I bought the two Equinox books that are available from a different author, but honestly, the incredible number of spelling errors, incomplete sentences/missing words, and otherwise non-existent editing of those books on almost every page made them unreadable for me, and I never finished reading them. I'd be interested in giving this one a read if the content is insightful and readability is good.

My concerns for this book based on the link provided above by nsfr1206 would be:

- "This handbook, authorized by Minelab,...": I'd be worried that it'll read more like sales literature rather than an in-depth discussion of how to truly understand and maximize settings for an advanced user, especially since the page later mentions, "If you are considering purchasing one, the Handbook will answer any questions you might have...". On the other hand, it may have unparalleled insight into how certain features are designed and work since it has Minelab's blessing, and presumably, their input.

- "How to search for and find lost coins, relics, jewelry and more on land and in the water": This sounds like fluff geared for someone who's never used a detector before. I'm hoping for an advanced understanding of settings from an authoritative source, not "look for old houses for a better chance to find old coins and jewelry" ;)

- "Accessories that can help you find more, protect your investment and enjoy your time in the field": Again, this sounds like "Beginners guide to metal detecting" material, or worse, an opportunity to advertise Minelab assessories. I, personally, wouldn't be interested in 100 out of 176 pages of "why you should use a coil cover", "why a pinpointer, such as a Minelab ProFind, is great to have", etc.

Anyway, hopefully it'll have some excellent information on the Equinox - I'm a willing buyer, but I'll wait until I see some book reviews on it before I buy this one.

Ordered one. If I learn one good trick or new way of thinking from it, then worth the money.

thanks for posting the link nsfr1206. Even "Amozoom" doesn't have it yet.

About five settings on the Equinox. My climate control in my car is harder. Here is a hint. There are four different modes to hunt in. Not including beach or gold. Try cycling through all four during your hunt. Ten bucks for that. I take PayPal.

Here's the rub......Your ground is different. Your trash is different. Your physical abilities are different.

Last edited:
Just read on this forum and ask questions.
I take PayPal only 5 bucks for my suggestion. Lol
Got ole Good More beat..:lol::lol:

Last edited:
ordered mine! andy's "sharp"
knows what he is talking about!
very experienced hunter!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Ordered one. If I learn one good trick or new way of thinking from it, then worth the money.

right! what the hay! it's only 20 bucks,
and ya get his autograph! ehe! heh! heh!
what's not to like?

(h.h.!)
j.t.

As Mikey48 said. Just placed my order for Andy's book. If I can afford a CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, I surely can afford $20 for a book.

Let me know how the book is I might be interested. So far the 600 for me is kinda difficult, coming from a Whites M6 that is.

Good 'ol trial and error at a wide variety of sites has been very effective for me. If there's any earth shattering info in those books, someone will eventually share it on a public forum. I'll save my money.:lol:

Good 'ol trial and error at a wide variety of sites has been very effective for me. If there's any earth shattering info in those books, someone will eventually share it on a public forum. I'll save my money.:lol:

Might help the learning curve during that “good ‘ol trial and error” period you speak of.:yes::lol:

Might help the learning curve during that “good ‘ol trial and error” period you speak of.:yes::lol:

Good point! It could definitely be a good resource for someone just getting the hang of the machine. Sort of like an expanded quick start guide. However, there's nothing quite like hands on experience in the field. My trial and error method has netted me a healthy amount of silver with the Nox since I got it a few months ago.:D

what's your trial and error method?..what did you find out?

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Back
Top Bottom