Found a wallet

SBA701

My wife and granddaughter and I went out mding last week in a Illinois park. We were out for about an hour and my wife found a wallet. She called me over and we looked inside. There was a student ID and $110 in it. There wasn't anyone near by so I took it to the ranger station and turned it in. A little while later a boy of about 13 came up a path from the pond with a worried look on his face. I said, you must be Mathew. He got a big smile on his face and said, did you find my wallet? I told him that I turned it in to the rangers and he could pick it up there. He thanked me and made a bee line for the ranger station.

Good job! That example will stick with 'Matthew' and remind him how important honesty is. It's sad that not everybody believes in honesty these days. May the Karma fairy smile down upon you. : )

:oldguy:Great job! A wonderful example both your granddaughter and that young boy:waytogo:
But...a 13 year old boy with $110.00???!!!:tiphat:

Very cool! I've turned in a couple wallets/pocketbooks with money in them. I never got to see the owners.

It makes you feel good after helping someone find an important item they lost. Found a ladies purse at a boat launch 2 years ago. Her ID's, money and her work ID for a nuclear power site. :shock: This lake is rural and nobody there to give it to. I went home and called several people with her last name until I found her. She drove half an hour away immediately. She kept hugging and kissing me when she arrived. Good day, she was really cute!

Very cool! I've turned in a couple wallets/pocketbooks with money in them. I never got to see the owners.

I have had many turned in to me as a retail manager and sadly, most have no $ inside once they reach a safe haven. I once found a purse in a cart at wal-mart and was carrying it inside at arms length (paranoid someone would think I was trying to steal it) and a lady drove up and said it was hers. She was very nice and after showing me her DL to confirm it was hers, she pulled out $20.00 and gave it to me for doing the right thing. Nice story, hope the rangers gave it all back to him.

Great story. It takes a semi-traumatic event like that to knock a life lesson into your head. I really hope he figures it out and reciprocates.

Good for you, here's a merc for you ( )

Nice story, I found 100 dollar bill at a super market I worked at in HS, this was just after I started so I wasn't sure of the procedures etc. so I was walking to the office to turn it in to the lost and found or whatever they use for these situations but on my way there a slow guy who worked there ran over and was pretty persistent on taking it over to the office for me so I was like sure whatever anyway shortly after I found out why, if the owners don't claim it in 2 or 3 weeks you get to keep it. He's lucky he was slow. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom