18K Band Lost in Loose Corn Kernels - Near Maple Valley, WA

Burbank Bob

Forum Supporter
Client and Friend's wife lost her 18K band in a play area that has been filled with corn kernels for the kiddies to jump in.

Just lost yesterday, no one else can detect where the location is (private farm), so he has bought a Bounty Hunter to try and recover it, but I fear he won't get enough depth out of it.

Corn is as much as 18 inches deep but have no idea how it might pack at some point to stop the ring from dropping.

If he can't find it today, I want to reach out for him to one of you that might be close to his area - Maple Valley, Washington.

Hit me up if you can help him out. He said that he would give a reasonable reward to cover expenses of recovery however I told him that some would not take it, so it's up to you as to whether you do or don't accept.

Thanks!

Sounds like an amazing opportunity to help someone out! I wish someone in my area would lose something so I could find it for them.

One thing I do know is that corn is like quicksand...it most likely sank very fast and any movement of the corn is gonna make it drop further.

One thing I do know is that corn is like quicksand...it most likely sank very fast and any movement of the corn is gonna make it drop further.

They are taking this play pit down in about 10 days and I suggested that he ask the land owner to let him spread it out to a workable depth of 5-6 inches.

May be able to help but its a haul for me Though. Need more info. WOLF

P.S. They need to bring their camera so they can take pics. WOLF

would be a long long drive for me, but with many years experience in and around corn I can almost positily insure that the ring will be in the bottom 4 inches if folks have walked around in it and disturbed itstill should be an easy find though, detect the top and if not found scoop out the top 5 or 6 inches then detect again. I would hand shovel it out and throw it into a loader bucket making a fan throw to spread around the grain with a couple of watchers just in case, watching the thrown corn in the bucket.if no tractor and loader set a tarp on the ground next to the containment and do the same thing only shovel out half the corn and md both the play box and the tarp.

would be a long long drive for me, but with many years experience in and around corn I can almost positily insure that the ring will be in the bottom 4 inches if folks have walked around in it and disturbed itstill should be an easy find though, detect the top and if not found scoop out the top 5 or 6 inches then detect again. I would hand shovel it out and throw it into a loader bucket making a fan throw to spread around the grain with a couple of watchers just in case, watching the thrown corn in the bucket.if no tractor and loader set a tarp on the ground next to the containment and do the same thing only shovel out half the corn and md both the play box and the tarp.

Totally agree with you on this. Have talked to the owner and this is what we are gonna do. WOLF

Wednesday A.M. is the search. owner is going tomorrow to try real fast. If no luck then we will hit it hard Wed. thats the idea anyway. WOLF

I find the fact that they were playing in a big pile of corn a lot more interesting than the lost ring! Hope you guys find it!

Just heard from Ben (my friend/client) and they recovered the ring with the Bounty Hunter. :yes:

He went a day early and they had been spreading, sifting, and going through the corn.

His sister actually was the one that snagged it.

He said "score one for the Bounty Hunter.."

WOLF - no trip for you now, and thanks SO much for being willing to help my friend.

Don't know if he took any pics, but the ring is safe and sound.

Hey Guys!

I am the guy with the lost (but now found) ring.

I gotta say thank you to Bob and Wolf for helping me out. Plus everyone that gave tips. I read through this post a number of times for help. This is a great community of people here. All the help you guys gave plus one of your own was willing to drive nearly an hour to help us out. I really can't say enough good things about you guys.

We had to sift through 4.5 tons of corn. The ring was found about 4 feet from where we suspected it slipped off my wife's finger. About 4 inches from the ground. Which means its was about 16 inches deep.

We used tennis rackets as a sifting tool and let it all drop onto a blanket. Then we scanned what we dropped with the Bounty Hunter.

My wife, our friend Janessa, my mom and I looked for about 4 hours when my sister showed up and said why don't you two (talking to my wife and I) go get something to eat. She was going to keep looking with Janessa.

She was using the Bounty Hunter in one of the sections and got a buzz. She started digging and BINGO! She had been there all of about 25 minutes, but how happy we were that she showed up.

This would have been the second time in our 4.5 year marriage that the ring was gone. Her first ring was stolen in Hawaii. So this is a great ending to this tale.

Again thank you all so much and especially to Bob and Wolf.

2.jpg

The Sifting

1.jpg

The BOUNTY HUNTER!

4.jpg

The Hero.

3.jpg

The Happy/Relieved Couple.

And just so you guys know. This is what we were searching for.
ring.jpg

Found

Thanks for posting the pics. I was curious what the area with the corn looked like.

Nice to have a happy ending! :)

Just saw the ring pic.. I got a NICE beach area you could visit with that ring here... ;)

That is awesome. Man, would have been nice to have braggin rights for that ring. :lol: Thats a beauty. Congrats again on the find. Saved me some gas $$$$. :lol: WOLF

Great ending to a story. Glad it was found. Beautiful ring too. I'm sure the lady was in a panic waiting for that to show up.

Thats a great stry and were all really happy that she found her ring and got it back on her hand where it belongs . Congrats tell her good job .

Harold

Thanks guys.

She has said "I'm so glad I have my ring back!" about 10 times.

We are very happy and relieved we found it.

Back
Top Bottom