Minelab Eureka Gold stolen

seaweednh

Well I guess it official. I bought a Minelab Eureka Gold off e-bay. I got a notification on Thursday that it was delivered on Monday. I called the post office and they informed me that they would speak with the carrier and get back to me ........... So if anyone hears of a Eureka gold for sale around the MA NH coastal area, please let me know. Or please inform the Newbury, MA police dept.

Attachments

• $(KGrHqF,!lME65RDREBdBPH2DbiEGQ~~60_12.jpg
    $(KGrHqF,!lME65RDREBdBPH2DbiEGQ~~60_12.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 1,027
advice

Anytime if i buy an expensive item of ebay,i make sure it is shipped ups or fedex insured,usps is the worst for theft,losses ect,also with ups and fedex, you can track the item,and know what day it comes,i make sure i am home.The machine's i got off ebay, were shipped UPS,sorry for your loss as the post office,won't cover your loss,they are going down hill,Earl

Anytime if i buy an expensive item of ebay,i make sure it is shipped ups or fedex insured,usps is the worst for theft,losses ect,also with ups and fedex, you can track the item,and know what day it comes,i make sure i am home.The machine's i got off ebay, were shipped UPS,sorry for your loss as the post office,won't cover your loss,they are going down hill,Earl

I don't want to sound like a USPS employee but they offer tracking and shipping insurance the same as UPS and Fed Ex. There tracking is usually a little slower but they have it. An item left on your porch is just as likely to be stolen no matter who delivered it. Unless you are implying that the post man steels the stuff. I guess it can happen but I am sure it is not common. The only thing you might do is look around if you have any other vehicles, campers, etc. parked in your driveway. I sold an item on ebay a while back that showed it was delivered and the buyer said he never got it. Turns out the mail man put the package into an unlocked vehicle in the driveway because it was raining that day. Just a thought, hopefully it wasn't stolen.

I don't want to sound like a USPS employee but they offer tracking and shipping insurance the same as UPS and Fed Ex. There tracking is usually a little slower but they have it. An item left on your porch is just as likely to be stolen no matter who delivered it. Unless you are implying that the post man steels the stuff. I guess it can happen but I am sure it is not common. The only thing you might do is look around if you have any other vehicles, campers, etc. parked in your driveway. I sold an item on ebay a while back that showed it was delivered and the buyer said he never got it. Turns out the mail man put the package into an unlocked vehicle in the driveway because it was raining that day. Just a thought, hopefully it wasn't stolen.

Wonder if that was me? You know that's a good point. My mailman left my mail in the cab of my truck when it was raining but unbeknowns to him I rarely drive it. I found it 5 days later hence I had a little talk with the post office and made other arrangements. Sorry good buddy for your loss. Charlie

Well I guess it official. I bought a Minelab Eureka Gold off e-bay. I got a notification on Thursday that it was delivered on Monday. I called the post office and they informed me that they would speak with the carrier and get back to me ........... So if anyone hears of a Eureka gold for sale around the MA NH coastal area, please let me know. Or please inform the Newbury, MA police dept.

Sounds Familiar Post office lost 35 Packages last year on us. A few detectors and a allot of lesche diggers. They were all insured so I got reimbursed.
Wish you good Luck . You will most likely be covered if you used paypal. Its the waiting game now.

Would check with the neighbors, and around the entrances of your house real good. Sometimes they hide packages, or cover them if the weather is bad. I've got a camera in my carport, watches the mailbox, front door, car, 24/7. Never had anything stolen off my property. I knew when UPS left a package next door. I knew when the mailman brought a package into the carport, left it out of camera view, wasn't hard to find, but probably wouldn't have noticed it was delivered for a day or two...

I am sorry for your loss but check all the houses around you. When I was in the Police academy I ordered my gear and it was shipped to the wrong house. They opened it to see if there was contact info in it and when they saw it was Police gear they freaked and let it be. It took a few days but I tracked it down and found out the wrong house nuber was on it. They had 04 when I am 25..

Sounds Familiar Post office lost 35 Packages last year on us. A few detectors and a allot of lesche diggers. They were all insured so I got reimbursed.
Wish you good Luck . You will most likely be covered if you used paypal. Its the waiting game now.

:shock: 35 parcels in one year? Holy cow! You must have some really bad luck. :(

I have mailed easily and I mean easily over 25,000 packages through the USPS and I had a total of TWO get lost and one was recovered a month later. That is even counting international shipping.

Sorry for your inconvenience seaweed. :( Hopefully it will turn up.

G2M

A set of the Lesche diggers were mine that got lost. :lol:

Yeah, definitely check with neighbors perhaps? I had held mail accumulated for 5 weeks and when delivered, they left it at a neighbors house... of course after I had already made a complaint about where my mail was :roll:

Either way, we'll all be on the lookout :yes:

Wonder if that was me? You know that's a good point. My mailman left my mail in the cab of my truck when it was raining but unbeknowns to him I rarely drive it. I found it 5 days later hence I had a little talk with the post office and made other arrangements. Sorry good buddy for your loss. Charlie

Charlie,

Believe me I checked everywhere with no luck. What is burning me is I can't get any help from the post office to find out if the carrier remembers delivering it. He should, he parks in the side yard for his lunch break everyday, he should remember walking over the lawn. The longer it goes on, the less chance or finding it. I have to look at the plus side, at least it wasn't my Excalibur.

Regards,
Ron

I recently purchased a Fisher F2 and had it delivered to my mom's house so someone would be there. The UPS person just placed it on her front porch and did not even ring the door bell, but I knew it was there by the tracking numbers and notified her. I believe they should be required to at least ring the doorbell whether it looks like someone is home or not. I failed to mention, that I was at work and found out that my F2 was there about an hour after it arrived and it could have been in a pawnshop or somewhere else in that time.

Yes, I can put a claim in with Paypal and win but..... where does the refund come from, not an insurance company, it comes from the seller. I then put myself in his position, he did ship it, it was delivered, the only thing he did wrong by Paypal rules to protect himself was he didn't get delivery confirmation with a signature. They require anything over $250 be signed for to protect the seller. If he had done this, there wouldn't be a problem now. On the other hand, I've asked for the seller help as to the box it was shipped in, factory or double boxed, if it had insurance, not that they will matter much, and the serial number of the machine. He will not respond to my E-mails and he phone doesn't work. I'm opposed to filing a claim but with the lack of concern the thought has been crossing my mind. I had a Garrett Pro-pointer stolen 2 years ago in another town. The postmaster told me to contact the seller and tell him to send another one. I wouldn't do it but the seller also cooperated in how it was shipped, etc.

I recently purchased a Fisher F2 and had it delivered to my mom's house so someone would be there. The UPS person just placed it on her front porch and did not even ring the door bell, but I knew it was there by the tracking numbers and notified her. I believe they should be required to at least ring the doorbell whether it looks like someone is home or not.

Two years ago I was living on a farm where the driveway was 3ths of a mile long. I was expecting a computer and had a delivery confirmation e-mail and I was home at the time. Nothing on the porch, so I drove down the driveway in the rain. At the end of the driveway behind a stonewall at the entrance was a trash bag with my computer in it. That was a UPS delivery.

Two years ago I was living on a farm where the driveway was 3ths of a mile long. I was expecting a computer and had a delivery confirmation e-mail and I was home at the time. Nothing on the porch, so I drove down the driveway in the rain. At the end of the driveway behind a stonewall at the entrance was a trash bag with my computer in it. That was a UPS delivery.

Lucky it wasn't trash pickup day...

Seems like the seller would be a little bit concerned, the deal isn't always done, if one party isn't happy. It's a little bit his fault for not getting a signature. Does the tracking show your delivery address? Not something I really notice, been a while since I've had a USPS delivery that I tracked. Might double check, make sure its right. Once had a package of mine delivered to California, no idea how that happened, the company made it right, just took a long time.

Back
Top Bottom