10th return :)

Kapi

Forum Supporter
Copy of my facebook post yesterday :)

This evening I get an email from a woman who found my blog on Theringfinders.com . She was researching "How to find a ring lost in the ocean". You see her husband threw off his wedding ring today at the beach in waist deep water by Dondanville Road while he was tossing a football. The ring was his fathers and it was passed down to him.

At the time of the call it was raining. Luckily for him it was high tide when he lost it this morning at around 11:30. That means when the tide goes out it will be under the wet sand and likely not in the water which makes it easier to find. Now low tide tonight was around 5:45 which would have been a perfect time to find it. However it was raining and lightening. So we made arrangements to meet at the next low tide which is 6:30 tomorrow morning. Unfortunately it is supposed to rain tomorrow morning too!

But around 7 tonight the rain stopped and though the tide was still coming in there was a chance the water had not come in enough to cover where the ring was. So I hopped in my jeep and went to the beach. I called the couple but they couldn't meet me but described where they were when it was lost. Again luckily for them they had made a giant drip sand castle which was still there and they stated he was in front of that castle about 30 feet deeper into the water when he lost the ring. Tomorrow that castle would be gone as it was below the tide line and finding exactly where you were on the beach is not as easy as it sounds without a marking like that.

I found the big drip castle quickly just north of Dondanville but it was now 7:30 and they were locking the gates to the beach. So I went up to the woman with the key and explained what I was doing and asked if she would mind if I parked right there at the gate and she said sure!

So I park, head down to the drip castle and start a grid search, the first target I heard was about 8 pm and it turned out to be a tungsten ring. The one this man had lost was gold so I kept searching. About 20 minutes later it was getting dark and then BOOM!!! GOLD RING SOUND!! I dug all excited like and sure enough it was the ring he'd described.

I called them and asked again for the description and told them I had it, needless to say they were SUPER HAPPY!!!! Vacation saved Family ELATED. Tomorrow I will meet them at the beach and return it. I can't wait to see their faces Thank you God for allowing me to do this for people!

My son has the camera at camp so here's a photo of the ring from my cell phone.

Today I returned the ring, what an amazing experience!

Barbara

Attachments

• ring return 10.jpg
    ring return 10.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 563
  • dondanville ring recovery.jpg
    dondanville ring recovery.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 566
WOW Barbara ! You sound like a great person ! Knowledgeable and dedicated. Good Karma is coming your way !! Thanks for sharing !!

Well done Barb! I tried to find someones ring before daylight this morning. Sand is so deep the ring is probably 2 feet down. Hit one fresh quarter with a pulse induction machine over a foot down. Nothing else:no:

Yes! Unless we are looking for what was just lost we are out of luck right now! Each day I go down and am amazed at just how much more sand has shown up on St. Augustine beaches. Then I search two hours and come home with hearing one target!

They even had to dig out our portapotties :)

Attachments

• sand.jpg
    sand.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 539
Back
Top Bottom