Lost my own class ring while metal detecting

wvantiques

Here's irony for you. A long time ago (early 1970's) I was detecting on Virginia Beach. Took a break to go into the surf to cool off and lost my OWN class ring. Too deep to go after it with my old D-Tex. Shortly after that a cute girl comes running up to me saying she just lost her engagement ring while shaking off her blanket. I searched for about 30 minutes near where she told me she was and she gave up and went back to her hotel. I did find a LOT of coins while looking though. About 10 minutes after she left I found her ring - nice gold, diamond and rubies. Thought a little while about keeping it but saw one of her friends and told them to go get her. I did get a reward - she kissed me on the cheek, but even that wasn't what it could of been since my wife was standing there next to me. BTW- my ring is Mount Vernon High School - MVHS 1970, some sort of light blue stone if you find it now 40 years later LOL. Oh, and there is also my gold wedding band somewhere on the shoulder of Interstate 66 between Fairfax and Manassas courtesy of the same (now ex) wife who threw it out of the car window. Good luck finding THAT one!

Here's irony for you. A long time ago (early 1970's) I was detecting on Virginia Beach. Took a break to go into the surf to cool off and lost my OWN class ring. Too deep to go after it with my old D-Tex. Shortly after that a cute girl comes running up to me saying she just lost her engagement ring while shaking off her blanket. I searched for about 30 minutes near where she told me she was and she gave up and went back to her hotel. I did find a LOT of coins while looking though. About 10 minutes after she left I found her ring - nice gold, diamond and rubies. Thought a little while about keeping it but saw one of her friends and told them to go get her. I did get a reward - she kissed me on the cheek, but even that wasn't what it could of been since my wife was standing there next to me. BTW- my ring is Mount Vernon High School - MVHS 1970, some sort of light blue stone if you find it now 40 years later LOL. Oh, and there is also my gold wedding band somewhere on the shoulder of Interstate 66 between Fairfax and Manassas courtesy of the same (now ex) wife who threw it out of the car window. Good luck finding THAT one!

I was thinking about hunting the median on a local road for gold rings tossed by pissed off people.. wife told me that I was silly.. guess not so silly after all.

That happens more than people think. My club was ask to look for a wedding ring that a mad wife chucked out of the window of a car.

A coworker told me the location of her wedding ring in Mustang OK. Tossed out the window when she left her husband. She never wants to see it again.:laughing:

metalwkr - I'm hoping that karma comes back in the form of a nice gold coin cache sometime soon:D

porsche - my ex was smarter than that, my ring was on my keychain because of the type of work I was doing at the time and she threw MY ring out the window, not hers :laughing:

Lost my wedding ring in the Sacramento river when I was throwing rocks at my sister in law :(

I was changing the oil in my Amx a few years ago and as I was wiping the oil off my hands with a paper towel I wiped my wedding band right off into the towel. I threw the oily towel into the dumpster right as the garbage truck was pulling up to my house. The ring went with the truck! :no:

I have always feared the ironic twist illustrated in this thread. Be a finder, not a loser, I always say.
I make sure my wife knows to remove all of her jewelry before going to the beach. I only want to remove jewelry from the beach. Not stock it.

I think from all of the above stories about everyone losing rings that there are a lot more out there than what we thought, we need to dig more dirt.

I am sure there are millions of lost rings out there to be found....just look how many get found by this forum's members alone...hundreds....

I have a bad head cold or I would be out there right now....

HDD

I have lost 2 of them, one on the side of the interstate, and the other on a county road. Didn't have a MD when I lost the first one, but I did find my 2nd one the next day!

Proud to be a Texan!

I've lost a lot of earrings, once a diamond stud somewhere around Buena Vista Colorado out surveying oh, about 20 years ago. I do have the sense now to leave my good stuff at home while out digging in the dirt. I'm still mad over that earring, it was also in snow, no finding that one! :mad:

Back
Top Bottom