Class ring returned after 22 years

SBA701

On Thursday March 22, my wife and I were detecting a hiking trail at a local park. I got a nice 10/12 reading on my Minelab 705. Thinking I had another pull tab, I still dug it. The machine said 4 inches so I popped a plug about that deep. Right on the bottom of the plug was a beautiful gold class ring. After a happy dance I inspected it more closely. It was from a local school and it was dated 1992. It also had a first name on the face of the ring. I thought, Becky, I'm going to make your day. Later that evening I had no trouble locating the name and phone number. I called the number and left a message as to who I was and it was about a lost ring. I didn't know it but I had called her parents home and they were out for the weekend. Sunday night they got the message and relayed it to Becky and she called me back. I asked her if she had lost a ring and she said she did. Well actually her boy friend (now her husband) lost it 22 years ago. She described it and I told her that I had found it and would like to meet up with her to return it.This afternoon I met her at the park were it was lost.This was my first returned ring so I had to take a few pictures. She thanked me again and got in her car and droved off. It's something how a ring could be hiding in the ground for 22 years, and back on her finger 4 days after it was found.

Attachments

• 101_0560.jpg
    101_0560.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 439
  • Ring-3.jpg
    Ring-3.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 467
Great story amazing!!!!!! Think im gonna do some land hunting tomorrow as i have been doing the water thing the last two times out. Hopefully i can find a ring to return.

Excellent !

Nice Job on the return.
The smile you put on her face is worth way more
then what you would have got for sending it in for melt.

I did a return on a gold earring this past fall, the couple
insisted on taking me out to dinner because I wouldn't take
any cash.It was a great feeling to put a smile on there face.

nice find,,,happy ending,,cant beat that...I was half way expecting you to say "I gave her the ring and she gave me the finger" LOL....(old country song there)

Great story, I lost mine 38 years ago and I know about where it is, seems like I might have a chance of finding it if I can ever get over to that place.
If I do it will blow my mind.

Back
Top Bottom