Check out this AWESOME (sarcasm) service from US Postal Service ... UPDATE - HAPPY ENDING!!

tonym

Elite Member
Bought a detecting related item and it was promptly shipped USPS priority by seller.

Here is the up to date tracking for 1 day priority shipping from post office. This item has travelled a grand total of 20 miles in 5 days. Kingston is only 20 miles from Scranton. Only 256 more miles to go :laughing: Geez, I don't understand why people dog the post office:

UPDATE 2/26 - package arrived today. The seller and I were both trying to contact the post office to see what happened with package. I got through to them first and they said they could track down the package by the confirmation number and make sure it gets to me. THEY ACTUALLY DID THIS. Ends up the bar code label they applied was wrong, but they were able to track the package down and apply the correct bar code label. I received the package 2 days later. I WAS NOT EXPECTING SERVICE LIKE THIS FROM THE POST OFFICE AND MY HAT IS OFF TO THEM FOR A JOB WELL DONE.

UPDATE 2/23: Looks like package is back in Pennsylvania. Getting aggravated.

February 23, 2014 , 2:57 am
Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility
LEHIGH VALLEY, PA 18002

February 22, 2014
Depart USPS Sort Facility
ROCHESTER, NY 14606
February 22, 2014 , 12:17 am
Processed through USPS Sort Facility

ROCHESTER, NY 14606
February 21, 2014 , 11:43 pm

ROCHESTER, NY 14606
February 21, 2014 , 3:35 am

-----------------------------------
2/21: Package is back in Philly today. Next stop - who knows !!!!

PHILADELPHIA, PA 19116

February 20, 2014 , 10:40 pm
PHILADELPHIA, PA 19116

February 20, 2014
SCRANTON, PA 18505

February 20, 2014
SCRANTON, PA 18505

February 20, 2014 , 3:05 am
SCRANTON, PA 18505

February 18, 2014
PHILADELPHIA, PA 19116

February 18, 2014 , 1:37 am
PHILADELPHIA, PA 19116

February 17, 2014 , 11:44 am
Forwarded
KINGSTON, PA

February 17, 2014 , 11:43 am
WILKES BARRE, PA 18701

February 17, 2014 , 10:23 am
Arrival at Post Office
WILKES BARRE, PA 18701

February 16, 2014 , 12:16 am
PHILADELPHIA, PA 19116

February 15, 2014 , 4:34 pm
Dispatched to Sort Facility
KINGSTON, PA 18704

February 15, 2014 , 9:50 am
Acceptance
KINGSTON, PA 18704

That's a bummer! I don't understand that either. Also don't understand why the seller would ship it priority mail if only 20 miles away it would make NO difference at all for delivery time, unless it weighed over 13 ounces which would make it priority automatically.

There is no over night or 1 day delivery guarantee with priority mail but it should have been there the next day anyway! What a drag! Sorry you had to wait so long. Snow and Ice storms?

Talked to a postal employer about things like this I sent a Package from Azle Texas to Houston and it went by way of Alabama through New Orleans before it ever got to Houston. why would it even leave Texas? found out all Priority mail and express mail is handled by machines only and if one letter or number is misread it could end up anywhere. Just sent one from Azle to El Paso got there in in one day go figure same distance :laughing: with all that being said I have had no damage or lost packages through them like UPS they have lost three. and left one on a porch with it pooring down rain

That's a bummer! I don't understand that either. Also don't understand why the seller would ship it priority mail if only 20 miles away it would make NO difference at all for delivery time, unless it weighed over 13 ounces which would make it priority automatically.

There is no over night or 1 day delivery guarantee with priority mail but it should have been there the next day anyway! What a drag! Sorry you had to wait so long. Snow and Ice storms?

The seller did absolutely nothing wrong. As a matter of fact he shipped immediately.

This is 100% a post office issue I am 275 miles from seller. The package has only gone 20 miles so far. Still another 255 miles until I get it. Looks like the PO routed it to wrong sort facility. The 1 day priority is what the PO called it, even though there is no such thing. seller merely shipped priority. It was scheduled to be at my house on 18th.

Again, seller was perfect in this transaction and this is not his issue. I am not even really worried about getting the item. It will get here eventually. Just wanted to rail on our great postal system a little :)

Yep, took 11 days to get a money order to a guy I am buying something from on here. I was shocked since at xmas, normal mail, I send and receive things from New York in about four days. And I am in Arizona. The mail service doesn't SUCK! It...... SWALLOWS!

lol why's it keep coming back to Philly? They're sending it hundreds of miles to Wilkes Barre and Scranton then back again, it makes no sense. :?::?:

I know what you mean Tony! I've had my share of problems with the postal service :lol:. Sometimes I think they play hot potato with my packages! Literally you can drive there faster it seems in most situations. Recently I have had an issue with them on a small 4 dollar order. It has been lost in the mail and hasn't been found since. Thank goodness it was only 4 dollars!

Yep, took 11 days to get a money order to a guy I am buying something from on here. I was shocked since at xmas, normal mail, I send and receive things from New York in about four days. And I am in Arizona. The mail service doesn't SUCK! It...... SWALLOWS!

Lmao :laughing:

I was just talking about this with a friend a few weeks ago, he bought a package from Mass., we live in SE PA, it passed his house on i95 and went down to Virginia, then came back up here again. We should have just waited on the side of the road for the truck to pass and grabbed it, would have saved them the trip to VA and back. I don't understand what they're doing half the time and can only imagine the fuel they waste on driving packages hundreds of miles past their destination then back again.

Most everything is sorted by machines these days, and yep, 1 wrong number in a zip code is all it takes to make an item go from the west coast to the East coast, if it's the 1st number in the zip code. Things do happen at the PO with all of the millions of items shipped daily there are bound to be mistakes, some are PO Fault some not, still I would rather ship through them than the big brown.

I totally understand your frustration TonyM! Man there is nothing more aggravating to me than have something I really want NOW, being unnecessarily delayed a day even but a week or more, sucks.

I just received a summons back in the mail on Monday 02/17/2014that I had sent out and is post marked September 04, 2013. The people had already moved by the time the letter was attempted to be delivered. :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::?::?::?::lol::lol::lol:

I live in Eastern Oregon, and when we mail something to go to a local business, it goes to Portland Oregon (200 miles away) to be postmarked, and then back here to be delivered. Does that make any sense at all? I know why they are doing it, it is because they are photographing every piece of mail front and back so they can track it.

My 2 day priority mail arrived in 6 days. According to the tracking it didn't take any side trips. Guess that's why it has been nicknamed snail mail.

Package is back in Philly today. Next stop - who knows !!!!

PHILADELPHIA, PA 19116

February 20, 2014 , 10:40 pm
PHILADELPHIA, PA 19116

February 20, 2014
SCRANTON, PA 18505

February 20, 2014 , 3:05 am
SCRANTON, PA 18505