Finally....FINALLY FOUND SOMETHING

lanae

I've had my md for about 2 months now and I finally found something good!!! I will NEVER EVER forget that feeling when I picked it up.

It's a lil silver ring with a lil oval amethyst stone. I saw it sticking out of the sand and thought it was an extra little pull tab. I felt like I was dreaming when I picked it up and realized what it was.

Then a few minutes later I picked up what I'm pretty sure are a couple of tiny gold flakes (this is all near gold country in Placer County). I'm going to ask a gold mining place about the flakes.

But the ring...the ring. I don't know how to do our camera yet so I can't post a pic.

Before this I have found about a million rusty nails, and about 1/2 million beer bottle caps.

Oh and amethyst is my birthstone. Also, that morning I woke up and just felt like I "had to" go hunting. Then when we got there I just kind of followed my intuition about where to go. Does anyone else do that when they kinda get in that meditative state when md'g?

Congrads on the ring.Hopefully many more to follow. :D

WTG I think we all remember the feeling of a first like that! Keep at it, there are more and better treasures out there to discover. HH

Then when we got there I just kind of followed my intuition about where to go. Does anyone else do that when they kinda get in that meditative state when md'g?

Yep, I do that a lot :yes:

Congrads on the ring and I'm sure many more are waiting!

Welcome to the forum lanae!

Congrats! Let's hear it for perseverance. Yes, I sometimes let myself "feel" where I should be looking. I use my eyes' good hunting ground detector. Not sure if it works, but I pretend it does :)

This site would crash with a million "rustynails"... just think of the "can I have it? congestion... we can barely contain the one we got... You know we love you rusty! lol

Congrats lanae! That first one is always the hardest! It took me almost exactly 2 months to find my first good find, a sterling silver Tiffany & Co mens ring, and boy was I pysched when I dug it out of the sand. I still remember exactly where, when, and how I found it. This is the best hobby in the world, isn't it?? Congrats again!

Wow, sounds like a really good find!
Sounds like that ring and you were meant to meet :-)

I have yet to have my first really good find.
So far I only found some nickel coins.
so I'm quite jealous now :lol:

Wow thanks all you peoples for your support!

And Dutchdigger I'm the same way...when I read about all the loot people have found, I get jealous too...feel all left out, hmmph. But if I can, you can find somethin' good.

I just hope this isn't my last find. Naaahhhhh.

Back
Top Bottom