• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Rains finally depart, silver finally arrives!

Plug Martian

Elite Member
Well, I haven't been able to detect for a while and even if I could have, I wouldn't have because it rained for a week straight. But this past Friday I bought myself a digital camera and I was bound and determined to get out on Saturday. As luck would have it I had a few hours and the weather was beautiful. So I decided this was as good a time as any to try and make my first detecting video for Youtube. I went to a new park I had only done an hour or so on 1 time in the past and was only expecting the usual clad and trash. About an hour into the hunt I got a bouncy signal that I almost passed up. It was 10 feet out from the trunk of a small tree. I'm so glad I dug it, because this is what popped out of the hole:

picture.php

picture.php

That's my first IH. I was syked to say the least. But then I went nuts and started digging everything and wasted a lot of time digging trash. About an hour later the battery in the camera ran out :doah: and I called it a day.

On Sunday I was not going to go hunting and the weather was less nice but I couldn't stop thinking about that IH. I did a few other things and then gave in to temptation and went back to the park. I hunted around a little and made my way back to that tree. It had more to give!! I found these, one on each side of the tree:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I am totally stoked! :sweet::run1::sweet: My first IH and my first 2 silvers all within 10 feet of each other. And the really strange thing is that this park was built sometime between '65 and '68. What's a coin from 1908 doing there? :?: I gotta say it really was a thrill finding those dimes. I thought maby when I found my first it would be like, cool....I found silver. But I saw that first one and I stopped breathing. It was so unexpected I had to digest it for a moment. And then the second one was on the bottom of the plug staring at me when I turned it over :shock: and I was thinking "you gotta be kidding!" It really was a thrill. Needless to say, I'm gonna spend some time hunting this park HARD. :yes:

Very sweet. How deep were these coins? Keep hitting the area around the tree. I bet an old house or something used to stand nearby. A two silver day is great. Congrats.

Thanks for the kind replies everyone. I'll let everyone know when I get the video edited together and put up.

Bonesquat, the Indian was about 6 inches down and the Mercuries were 4-5 or so. Not that deep really.

Hunt Happy!
Plug Martian

Back
Top Bottom