2010, Finished With A Bang

catbird

I was just about to leave this early 1900's home, cause it was getting late and i had found a three ringer mini, an old litttle metal shoe ashtray, but then got a nice signal that was just under the dirt. I was leaving anyway, so i decided to dig it thinking it was iron trash. Low and behold, you should have seen my eyes poping out of my head when i revealed what was in the ground. There lay a pistol from, and dated April 11, 1928. The writting on the pistol was called "CROWN JEWEL" . When i got home i did a little research on the pistol, finding out it was simular to what we called a saturday night special. They made real cheap, like you could buy this pistol for a couple of bucks, incase you wanted to commit suicide, or was only going to use it once.

Attachments

• IMG_2585.jpg
    IMG_2585.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 1,879
  • IMG_2584.jpg
    IMG_2584.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 1,882
  • IMG_1721.JPG
    IMG_1721.JPG
    121 KB · Views: 1,876
Those are both awesome finds. The gun because its drenched in mystery. Its not like someone dropped it, couldn't find it and with time sank in the ground.Someone put it there. As Pubert T. Justice would say. "That there is evidence." The ashtray looks like its in great shape. I'll bet that would sell fast in an antique store.

That's a sweet little "belly gun". I like the markings on the grips. Definitely an awesome find! :)

That's amazing. That's one of my dream finds, an intact gun in good condition. Not THAT good, but at least identifiable.

thanks for all the nice replies, dustyloins,no it had no bullets in the chamber. im kind of glad it didnt cause i cant spin the reel, it is rusted in place.

insaint1, it is funny how it got there, but when i found it it was in the ground with just the tip of the hand grip sticking out, but unseen being up beside some old shrubs, maybe thats why it wasnt found by the naked eye. whether it was dropped thrown, or buried, no one would have found this item with there eyes only. as far as the shoe ashtray goes, it is a 3 inch miniture brass or copper shoe, painted, and has one holder for one cigarette, i assume it is a womens ashtray.

Wow thats crazy, makes you wonder if it was a murder weapon or maybe from a shootout!! could be more goodies around there. Any ammo in the chamber?

Back
Top Bottom