Who will admit it??

hobie246

Alright fellow MD'rs, who will admit they need to wear a helmet when hunting tot lots? I will admit it!! I guess I get so focused that I almost always hit my head on the equipment when hunting near it. It probably doesn't help that I am 6'3".

I can't tell you how many times I have bashed my bald head (through a cap thank goodness) on some low hanging equipment.

I should get hazardous duty pay....

As long as you don't wear one of those head-injury helmets no one will laugh at you.... except me of course.... :lol:

I've definitely had my share of problems with tree branches in the woods... I haven't gotten to hunt the parks here yet, but this spring when I do, I will keep this in mind...lol

Note to self: Invent metal detector safety helmet to sell to these guys hahaha:lol:

Good thing I am so shy that I only hunt tot lots if nobody is there. Otherwise little Johnny would have learned a couple new words...:lol:

Let's see some pictures :lol: !!!

Haven't bashed my head,....but have gotten ample poison oak! ANd can't forget about thorns in the legs!

Last summer a friend of mine, who said "I am not allergic to poison ivy" shimmied up a tree to get a frisbee. 2 days later he had a catheter inserted... :shock:

So... A little bump on the head don't bother me.

i've got you beat... i'm almost 6'5". bashing my brains on something is almost a daily occurance, haha! maybe one of these days i'll actually knock some sense into myself! :dash3:
i've invented a few words, seen stars, little birdies, etc... it helps to keep a bit of hair on top just to use as "feelers", ha! :lol:

Pete

i've got you beat... i'm almost 6'5". bashing my brains on something is almost a daily occurance, haha! maybe one of these days i'll actually knock some sense into myself! :dash3:
i've invented a few words, seen stars, little birdies, etc... it helps to keep a bit of hair on top just to use as "feelers", ha! :lol:

Pete

:lol:

My hunting gear...

Detector...check
Tool pouch...check
Knee pads...check
Hermetically sealed high altitude helmet hooked up to an oxygen supply and headphones...
Check!

Dork factor...very high...but never being bothered by mosquitoes and boo-boo chances lowered to zero...
Priceless!

Bonus...Scares the hell out of the little kiddies in tot-lots, also!

Attachments

• helmut.jpg
    helmut.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 169
Bong!

Playground equipment...
My IQ is always a little lower coming out of the tot lots...
Especially if I am finding cool stuff, I quickly become oblivious to things around me...
Sometimes hit my head on a low-hanger...start cussing...then turn around and hit my head on the same thing...hehe.
Digger are those your helmets in the photo? Those are really cool!

:lol:Man almost spit my coffee out I was laughing so much.I'm so glad to see so many people fess up. We all belong to a unique club other then MDing. I can;t even begin to tell you how many times I've done this. So let me propose anther question!
When you've done this how quick are you to look around to see if anyone saw you just crack your noodle?

Back
Top Bottom