finally found one...

gordygroover

Took my Ace to the local lake bank today and popped a mess of pennies and a quarter or two.
Moved to a nearby park and in just a few minutes I got a nice BONG that really sounded good.
I seldom look at the screen of my 250.(Eyes just can't see the information anymore) but this time I gave it a glance and saw the cursor was locked on the dollar notch.
A little digging and I pulled up my first Eisenhower dollar. Sadly it was a 1978 and tarnished as brown as a old work boot. Still worth one hundred deep knee bends in a patch of zincons.
No picture cause it is just a common coin but hey..I finally found one.

Nice find! Those are big coins. Too bad there were no Silver Eisenhowers. :(

Congratulations! It is always nice to find a dollar coin. Too bad we do not have 5 dollar coins yet.

heck, I will be happy when the dollar coins we do have get used more in circulation.
My wife asked why people are so reluctent to use them so I explained my theory to her..
I think it is the merchants that are dragging their feet in accepting the dollar coin. Why you ask????
Simple really. There is no place in a cash register till to put a dollar coin.
When I worked a till we would get two dollar bills at times and those got tossed under the bill-tray with the fifties 'cause there was just no place to put them.

Last edited:
Hurray!!!!

Attachments

• cheerleader.gif
    cheerleader.gif
    3.9 KB · Views: 295
Nice find! Those are big coins. Too bad there were no Silver Eisenhowers. :(

Maybe they did not circulate these, but I do have an Eisenhower uncriculated silver dollar. My Grandmother got me this when I was young...

Attachments

• scan0007.jpg
    scan0007.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 288
Congrats its always nice to find a big coin like that gets the blood to flowing for sure . Good Job

Harold

haha the ace 250 does make more of a BONG sound than anything. and without volume control and headphones on for hours, you'll hear it in your sleep!

BONG!

Good job Gordy! I just found my first IKE 2 weeks ago. It looks pretty bad also.

Attachments

• S5001604.jpg
    S5001604.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 188
Congrats. Nice Find. You are too humble.

Congrats. I would say "Grrrrreeeaaat".

Back
Top Bottom