• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Silver on Sunday

Fiskamon

Elite Member
Was at my archery Club for our first shoot of the season on Sunday. I can't shoot because of a torn Rotary Cuff, so I was religated to flipping burgers.

While the gang was out shooting I went to the truck and got my detector, which now travels everywhere with me. I had found two clad quarters and a few pennies when one of the members of a Jersey Archery club came over and asked what I was doing. naturally I explained to him. During the questioning I told him of the things that could be found etc. While I was messing with the detector, showing him and now his son how it could be set, I got a hit on what looked to be a silver Quarter. Sure as shooting it was a 1963 Qtr.

This isn't the first silver I've ever found; however, it is the second I've found with this new detector. The father and son went away scrathing thier heads with the son saying that was pretty neet. Our Club is over 65 years old and is on the site of an old colonial farm. The original Barn is still there that we store our field targets in. Being a club member I have permission to hunt the property and will when I get more time in the future.

wow, Congrats on your silver. Nice hunting there. I bet that kids dad bought him a cheap detector. lol

wow, Congrats on your silver. Nice hunting there. I bet that kids dad bought him a cheap detector. lol

Thi kid was about 25 years old, but even at that age you can still be amazed if you've never seen one of these machines in action.

Very cool...finding silver during a demo... impressive. RickO

A month or so back I posted something similar that happened about 25 years or more ago. This time I was using a Fisher 1220X and I found a gold wedding band in front of a guy who had been asking me questions. The second I got the hit I dropped to my knees and started digging. The guy asked what happened, when I told him there was possibly a gold ring there he accussed me of yanking his chain because we were just talking about it. When I pulled the ring out of the ground he basically accused me of putting it there....Oh Well.

Back
Top Bottom