3rd Walking Liberty and more

Jim Bob

Elite Member
Winter is not here yet and after a rainy start to the day it cleared up and the sun came out again.:D I loaded up and headed for the old swimming hole one more time. It was after 3 o'clock when I got in the water and after an hour and a half I was pretty much skunked except for some clad pennies and one Merc Dime, turned out to be the 1926 and I was happy at that point. Then I got one of those whispers I have been talking about and dug down about 12 inches and got a Buffalo nickel. I checked the hole and got another whisper and got another Buffalo. I went deeper. To make a long story short, I stood in that one spot, and excavatied a hole that was maybe 4 foot around and kept getting signals and finding old coins. The walking Liberty half came up on top of a scoop full of sand and I saw it as the sand slipped through the holes in the scoop and it setteled to the bottom of the scoop and a big smile came on my face.:grin: I don't mean to go on but it was one heck of a hunt. It was getting dark and I had to go but I think I have found another hot spot. When I got home and started checking out the dates I couldn't believe the oldies I found in that one spot. I hope to get one more shot before the cold snap but if not it was one heck of a last hunt of the year.

Attachments

• #1 total.jpg
    #1 total.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 267
  • #2.jpg
    #2.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 280
  • #3.jpg
    #3.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 276
  • #4.jpg
    #4.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 277
  • #5.jpg
    #5.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 278
Hand down one of the best hunts of the year, super sweet finds, WTG!

Last edited:
Now that's a GREAT hunt! I really like seeing those BNs, I can't seem to find one. I should think they'd be almost everywhere - unless you have all of them? :)

Phenomenal hunt! One of the best I've seen, I hope you're able to get back out there for another hunt, if not at least you ended on a high note!

Very nice finds Jim... Jim I have an extra pair of waders if you would like to try a little water hunting this winter... how about a nice cold crisp Feb morning? ;)

Congrats Jim you are finding some nice silver in that lake. Keep up the good work

Snow chains

Very nice finds Jim... Jim I have an extra pair of waders if you would like to try a little water hunting this winter... how about a nice cold crisp Feb morning? ;)

Thanks again for the invite but I can't get snow chains for the motor home so we will have to pass.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom