• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

My first Walking Liberty

Jim Bob

Elite Member
I went to the old swimming hole after lunch today and my first target was this beautiful 1944 half:shock: My day was made in the first 5 minutes of the hunt. I have never found one and man was I thrilled. I spent the next 4 hours digging deep whispers and found another silver quarter and lots of badly green coated clad. I also filled my pocket with more of those "brown clumps" When I got home one of the clumps looked like it might hole a suprise so I took a picture of it before I cracked it open and I'm glad I did. The after pictures show why.:shock: Now can someone tell me what a 10 pfennig, Bank Deutscher from 1949 is:?: Thanks for looking, Jim

Attachments

• #-1-total.jpg
    #-1-total.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 321
  • #2-Coins-1937.jpg
    #2-Coins-1937.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 315
  • #3-clump.jpg
    #3-clump.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 316
  • $4-Clump after.jpg
    $4-Clump after.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 315
  • # 5-1949-heads.jpg
    # 5-1949-heads.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 314
  • # 6-1949-tails.jpg
    # 6-1949-tails.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 313
Beautiful half and the German coin is kicker!

Mighty nice hunt and some real nice finds Those halves sure don't show up very often. Those "brown clumps" seem to be paying off. You have to be glad you no longer throw them aside.:D Keep up the good work!!:yes:

German coin

These were among the first coins issued following WWII and before the formation of the German Federal Republic. The wording means "Bank of the German states". According to sammler.com (a collector's site, in German) the value of a 10 pfennig piece from 1949 depends heavily on its condition. At the low end, for a coin with typical circulation wear, it might retail for $1 or about US$1.30. If uncirculated, that value could jump as high as $35 or $40.

Here's an example on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/GERMANY-Rare...ig-Uncirc_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ400010080934

great condition on the liberty for an ocean find great condition. Your German coin is pretty cool to but I'm glad I didnt find it I would be going crazy thinking it was gold and trying everything to find out. Nice post:cool:

Fresh water lake find

great condition on the liberty for an ocean find great condition. Your German coin is pretty cool to but I'm glad I didnt find it I would be going crazy thinking it was gold and trying everything to find out. Nice post:cool:

I have been hunting an old swimming area in a fresh water lake. Almost everthing I find comes from that spot, and the German coin is in bad shape, no value just interesting.:spin:

Back
Top Bottom