Walking in the………..

Thanks for sharing your finds with us. Must be great living in a country so rich in history and all the ancient relics. Those of us in the USA can only dream of hunting such areas. Congratulations on saving the coins and relics that might have never seen the light of day. Great finds!!:yes:

:cool:Awesome again Doug ! I see alot of times the older coins are not whole. Do they get broke intentionaly to use just part of it's value ?:?: Or do they break some other way ?:?: Thanks :D
Congrats on the awesome finds :D

Very cool Doug, I really like that seal. It is amazing how much history you are finding.

hh
sp

:cool:Awesome again Doug ! I see alot of times the older coins are not whole. Do they get broke intentionaly to use just part of it's value ?:?: Or do they break some other way ?:?: Thanks :D
Congrats on the awesome finds :D

Thanks for your comments on the finds from alongside the old Roman road.

I have several theories for the broken coins and brooches that I find alongside the old road.

The first one is because of the natural water springs along this road and the various small streams it is just possible some of the fields may have been votive sites.

Not possible to prove!

The seconded one and just as possible the coins have been hit in the ground in the 1700+ years with farm machinery?

See text for Votive sites.

Doug (England)

View attachment 37604

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom