1825 large cent /1864 Ohio token / Possible 1866 KKK token

CharlieT84

Elite Member
I asked a friend if he wanted to head out to one of my favorite hunting areas and he accepted and we both did real well. The first pic shows our combined finds, he found two Mercs, a silver nickel, a buffalo, two rings and a cool looking elephant. My best finds include the 1825 Matron, a 1905 IHP, a 1949 Rosy, a 1942 quarter, the Ohio token and the other token that may have something to do with the KKK.- Any thoughts on this??
I went back the next day, he couldn't go unfortunately, and I found two more firsts for me. I will post those next.
Charlie

Attachments

• IMG_0940.jpg
    IMG_0940.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 417
  • IMG_0944.jpg
    IMG_0944.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 392
  • IMG_0945.jpg
    IMG_0945.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 343
  • IMG_0946.jpg
    IMG_0946.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 426
  • IMG_0948.jpg
    IMG_0948.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_0949.jpg
    IMG_0949.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 337
Great hunting, Charlie! Some fabulous finds there, despite some dark history with the KKK token...dark history is still very interesting, and important, history.

The Lima, OH token isn’t associated with the KKK - it’s a Civil War token for a dry goods store. Awesome find - I’d love to get my coil over one of those! Do you remember how it rang up on your EQ800?

Here’s a link to a clean version from tokencatalog.com: R. Boose Dry Goods Dealer.

Great hunting, Charlie! Some fabulous finds there, despite some dark history with the KKK token...dark history is still very interesting, and important, history.

The Lima, OH token isn’t associated with the KKK - it’s a Civil War token for a dry goods store. Awesome find - I’d love to get my coil over one of those! Do you remember how it rang up on your EQ800?

Here’s a link to a clean version from tokencatalog.com: R. Boose Dry Goods Dealer.

Ben thank you for the link to the catalog. The Ohio token was about 3 inches down and rang up inconsistently going from a low of 24 up to as high as 28 if I remember correctly. I just went out in the yard on a clean spot and placed it on the ground. It rang up fairly consistent 28 - 29 on top of the grass. That's odd being it is penny size.

Back
Top Bottom