Tootsies!

teotwawki12

Elite Member
It was wet and muddy and cold today, so I took a day off from the fields and hit a yard. This house was at least 1870's, but I couldn't find anything 1800's at all. The ground was a solid audio wall of iron... the owners, who bought it in 1967, said the former owners were a mess.....

But.... it was a good day for Tootsietoys. The first one I found was the red sports car (Fiat Abarth). After closing the plug, I ran my coil over it and got the same signal. Out came the blue one (Roadster?). A Tootsie spill!

Later in a different part of the yard I pulled out the Baja Run About... All of them are in great shape and happy to have 'em.

A few other odds and ends also included from that yard.

The cap gun is falling apart, but superglue is going to rectify that.

The cap gun kid also wrapped a dime in foil and buried it. I unwrapped the foil to find my shiny silver Roosevelt dime! Except....it's a 1967. The foil kept it shiny all these years.. Not cool, cap gun kid!!

Attachments

• KIMG1961.jpg
    KIMG1961.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 348
  • KIMG1959.jpg
    KIMG1959.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 362
  • KIMG1960.jpg
    KIMG1960.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 340
  • KIMG1962.jpg
    KIMG1962.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 304
  • KIMG1963.jpg
    KIMG1963.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 326
  • KIMG1964.jpg
    KIMG1964.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 310
  • DSCN0671.jpg
    DSCN0671.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 276
  • DSCN0676.jpg
    DSCN0676.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 277
  • DSCN0678.jpg
    DSCN0678.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 297
  • DSCN0679.jpg
    DSCN0679.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 261
  • DSCN0681.jpg
    DSCN0681.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 279
Wow, those Tootsies cleaned up pretty nicely! Almost looks like those wheels will still roll!

Nice canning jar milk glass/porcelain - I just extracted a couple intact ones from their zinc lids in my field hunt last week, also. Thought I had Indians - they rang up solid 19-20 on my EQ. But as long as the glass isn’t broken, I like them just as well :yes:

And that coal scatter tag is a slick find too! I didn’t even know they existed until the thread posted by ToySoldier a little while back (Coal Scatter Tags) - but I’ve desperately wanted to find one ever since!! Neat piece of local history right there!

Wow, those Tootsies cleaned up pretty nicely! Almost looks like those wheels will still roll!

Nice canning jar milk glass/porcelain - I just extracted a couple intact ones from their zinc lids in my field hunt last week, also. Thought I had Indians - they rang up solid 19-20 on my EQ. But as long as the glass isn’t broken, I like them just as well :yes:

And that coal scatter tag is a slick find too! I didn’t even know they existed until the thread posted by ToySoldier a little while back (Coal Scatter Tags) - but I’ve desperately wanted to find one ever since!! Neat piece of local history right there!

Actually....the Fiat rolls perfectly. One set of wheels on the Roadster rolls as well. The soil was kind of sandy where I found those two; the in-field photos are just toothbrushed clean. Now that I think about it, maybe cap gun kid had a sandbox there....

And I figured those tags came with coal deliveries but I missed Toysoldier's post...now I understand exactly what they are! Thanks

Those white glass things. I’ve found them before, in fact, found one last Saturday. Any idea what it is?

Back
Top Bottom