SILVER #60 FTY another 64 Rosie.

markinswpa

Forum Supporter
Another 64 Rosie, as was my #50 fty. BUT # 59 was a 59 Rosie. I just recently commented on the # fty corresponding with the year of the coin and also on a post about the Equinox coming in with low numbers on silver dimes so last week in a yard, (more on that later) when I got a not too deep 23 I thought for sure a wheat, did drop to 22 once and up once to 24 but thought for sure it was a wheatie. Not 3in. down I popped it instead cutting a plug and saw shiny, I said OK whats the chance this is a 59, as I wiped it and saw 59 I just chuckled and shook my head.
So, # 50 came back on 8-20 and its been slow, dribs and drabs, all dimes, Mercs and Rosies. I dug a toastie 43 merc on 8-27 and not another till 10-4 with 11 hunts with no shiny. My last trip to the old city was a skunk so I decided to try a less popular park. I ended my slump with a 44 Merc and a 46 Rosie. Also got a Buff, and a wheatie. Also got 3 more tokens including another Pgh Railways token. Next I decided to try my local park, which most will say it is hunted out. No shiny but over 6 bucks in clad. (that's a great clad day for me ) including 27 nickels. My most ever on one hunt. My return trip I dug another 15 nickels including 3 Buffs. and a 45 Merc. The next trip 24 nickels with one Buff, a 53 Rosie and a 40 Merc. SO this past Sun. I went back again. There has been some renovation so I have been hitting where the machines are tracking up the ground. I had a 62 Jeff. surface find, a couple memorials and when I got a 29-30 I thought a clad quarter. As I went to put my pinpointer to where the center of the coil was about 4in.to the left I saw a silver rim on edge. So # 60 was a surface find as well. No complaints. On to 75. Also dug a heads I win tails you loose token, and 5 more whetaies. The last 4 trips to the local park has given up over 15 buck in clad, with 87 of those being nickels , 4 of them Buffs but no V or war nickels. It seems these days I'm digging more nickels than memorials. 2 Mercs 2 Rosies, a 6 Wheaties.

Now back to the yards. I got my first permission of this fall next door to where I found, late last year and early this year, my 1908 carriage tag, 6 silvers, my oldest Ihp 1881 and the Dodge Bros. radiator emblem. First trip was a little disappointing, around a buck in clad one toasty 40s wheat and a pretty rough general svc. button. The next house, the oldest on the street, I had high hopes for some Ihps and maybe an LC or two. After some discussion with the owner I come to find out the yard had been washed away in a flood and it was all fill. I did get a little clad and the 59 Rosie. Back today to the house next door, a couple old Wheaties kept the skunk away a Mexican cent and a 65 Quarter. Cool find of the day, I think I may have found the radiator cap to match the Dodge rad emblem. Found only 60 ft for each other I'm starting to wonder if they weren't lost in an automobile accident back in the 20s. I might try to do a little research on it.

Also I've included a pic of an old lead cross, I'm pretty sure I dug it at the old city park. Check out the half lap on the joinery. There is some good craftsmanship there.
OK sorry for the long post. Good luck and HH Mark

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 203
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 232
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 224
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 190
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 209
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 216
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 189
more pics

Another 64 Rosie, as was my #50 fty. BUT # 59 was a 59 Rosie. I just recently commented on the # fty corresponding with the year of the coin and also on a post about the Equinox coming in with low numbers on silver dimes so last week in a yard, (more on that later) when I got a not too deep 23 I thought for sure a wheat, did drop to 22 once and up once to 24 but thought for sure it was a wheatie. Not 3in. down I popped it instead cutting a plug and saw shiny, I said OK whats the chance this is a 59, as I wiped it and saw 59 I just chuckled and shook my head.
So, # 50 came back on 8-20 and its been slow, dribs and drabs, all dimes, Mercs and Rosies. I dug a toastie 43 merc on 8-27 and not another till 10-4 with 11 hunts with no shiny. My last trip to the old city was a skunk so I decided to try a less popular park. I ended my slump with a 44 Merc and a 46 Rosie. Also got a Buff, and a wheatie. Also got 3 more tokens including another Pgh Railways token. Next I decided to try my local park, which most will say it is hunted out. No shiny but over 6 bucks in clad. (that's a great clad day for me ) including 27 nickels. My most ever on one hunt. My return trip I dug another 15 nickels including 3 Buffs. and a 45 Merc. The next trip 24 nickels with one Buff, a 53 Rosie and a 40 Merc. SO this past Sun. I went back again. There has been some renovation so I have been hitting where the machines are tracking up the ground. I had a 62 Jeff. surface find, a couple memorials and when I got a 29-30 I thought a clad quarter. As I went to put my pinpointer to where the center of the coil was about 4in.to the left I saw a silver rim on edge. So # 60 was a surface find as well. No complaints. On to 75. Also dug a heads I win tails you loose token, and 5 more whetaies. The last 4 trips to the local park has given up over 15 buck in clad, with 87 of those being nickels , 4 of them Buffs but no V or war nickels. It seems these days I'm digging more nickels than memorials. 2 Mercs 2 Rosies, a 6 Wheaties.

Now back to the yards. I got my first permission of this fall next door to where I found, late last year and early this year, my 1908 carriage tag, 6 silvers, my oldest Ihp 1881 and the Dodge Bros. radiator emblem. First trip was a little disappointing, around a buck in clad one toasty 40s wheat and a pretty rough general svc. button. The next house, the oldest on the street, I had high hopes for some Ihps and maybe an LC or two. After some discussion with the owner I come to find out the yard had been washed away in a flood and it was all fill. I did get a little clad and the 59 Rosie. Back today to the house next door, a couple old Wheaties kept the skunk away a Mexican cent and a 65 Quarter. Cool find of the day, I think I may have found the radiator cap to match the Dodge rad emblem. Found only 60 ft for each other I'm starting to wonder if they weren't lost in an automobile accident back in the 20s. I might try to do a little research on it.

Also I've included a pic of an old lead cross, I'm pretty sure I dug it at the old city park. Check out the half lap on the joinery. There is some good craftsmanship there.
OK sorry for the long post. Good luck and HH Mark
addin more pics

Attachments

• 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 146
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 142
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 141
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 209
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 179
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 217
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
Your back on a pretty nice roll Mark. Congrats on the Silver's, reaching #60 along with all the rest. Trapper
Thanks Trapper, would love to find some big silver. Hope you get out a few more times, I see the weather is closing in on you guys up there. Good luck Mark

Congrats on 60!!!!
Vic, thanks I think 75 is not out of the question. One good door knock could move the chains. HH Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice work on getting to 60 Mark! Some really solid recoveries, congrats!
Jeff, thanks, I enjoy finding the old cool stuff, sorta rounds out a hunt along with a couple old coins. HH Mark

I'm giving the nod to the awesome winged radiator cap. :yes: Lots of nice digs! Congrats on getting to 60! I, too, like it when the year matches the FTY number. Hoping for a 1958 silver next...

Back
Top Bottom