A Dime Good Day

pplinker

Forum Supporter
Dropped my Aunt off at the dentist and rather then wait around, went to a nearby old site where a house was torn down.

Had the 6 inch coil, Equinox 600. First find, a clad quarter. Then a couple memorials. Then all wheat pennies and dimes. All the dimes were silver and came out nice and white out of the ground. Two mercuries and a rosie. Just only my third and fourth mercuries ever. Sure wasn't expecting that. All within an hour. Didn't want to leave, Aunt was waiting 20 min.

My finds have been lousy lately. It is reassuring to go to a good location and know that your skills are still intact.

Thanks for looking and a glorious day to all.

Attachments

• DSC00561.JPG
    DSC00561.JPG
    160.9 KB · Views: 496
  • DSC00563.JPG
    DSC00563.JPG
    153.2 KB · Views: 448
Congrats on an amazing hunt! Should’ve told your aunt you had a flat tire and stuck around lmfao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice outing Pplinker... you need to keep pounding that site. Gotta be more silver and other keepers there. A tip on the pics: better lighting and crop out the non-finds areas of the photos so the finds are showing larger. Keep reporting on your return trip(s) there.

Thank you! But, no can do on the addy. You'd go in there, clean up, and make me look bad :-( Probably find a walking liberty or something.

It would be only the second walking liberty I ever found. But I would do my utmost to get everything I could. Good luck there in the future.

I still need to get back up to WV to finish that permission I have there

Nice outing Pplinker... you need to keep pounding that site. Gotta be more silver and other keepers there. A tip on the pics: better lighting and crop out the non-finds areas of the photos so the finds are showing larger. Keep reporting on your return trip(s) there.

Thank you and thank you for the photo tips. However, I don't know how to do cropping and all that. Next time i'll take it outside for better lighting.

"A dime good day" indeed! That is a great haul for a short, time filler hunt. Your Auntie is lucky she only had to wait 20 minutes. Hard to break away when the digging is hot like that!

Sometimes those short hunts turn out to be the best hunts. I usually had my best luck when it was time to go. A return trip certainly could be in order. Good Luck !!! Congratulations on the finds. :D

Back
Top Bottom