finally found something that i like.......

viking

finally found something that i like...its a sterling silver 925 necklace which i have polished up using some silver cleaner..i am using a minelab excalibur 1000 , and the signal from this necklace was very eratic and all over the place..i almost passed this up as junk, then i could see about 2 cm stiking out of the ground..in amongst the grass..to my dissbelief it became longer, as i began to pull it up...couldnt believe my luck..i often take my boys with me detecting and one of them found this bracelet..these finds we have found in the last month plus a lot of coins ..about 60 in total,,3 silver coins

Attachments

• DSC_0021.jpg
    DSC_0021.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 345
great find

Viking, A detector will usually only pick up the largest part of a chain like that. The rule of thumb suggests the MDer will only hear a response from a single link. On most chains the clasp is what you hear, and if it is spread out, you get a messy tone. I am not sure if my opinion will fly, but a couple of gold chains I found in the past, gave an echo, or secondary response. It might just be the detector i use, or just a coincedence. Jewelry can give a lot of strange tones and VDIs due to alloy differences. Bet you're not sorry you dug that one up ;)....Gil

Great find... I have read a lot of stories about the weird signals chains give... very dicey.... that is why the motto 'dig it all' applies. RickO

Very nice, looks like you have a "target rich" environment :)

I think we all ought to check the flight times, to come and give you a visit :)

Back
Top Bottom