Who Here Is A Coffee Drinker?

JBEXPRESS

Lunch Time Bandit
Forum Supporter
Who drinks coffee here? Do you prefer hot or cold? Black or flavored?

I Drink hot coffee from time to time but what I really enjoy are ice coffees.
I like the different flavored coffees like French Vanilla, Irish Cream, Kahlua, baileys, coconut and so on..

We also recently got a Keurig machine and we love it.. Its so EASY to use to. Fill cup the Reservoir part with water and Just pop a K-Cup into the Keuring and brew. Easy! You can have it hot or make it iced.. :D

This is the machine we have.

Special Edition B60 Brewer

Attachments

• e01c23c7292f32d12ec302f.jpg
    e01c23c7292f32d12ec302f.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 376
Yes, I'm a coffee drinker, and used to buy it out and have it loaded up with cream and sugar. But wanting to get away from the sugar I changed to just cream, and then from two cream to one. Then I started getting sick of paying so much a year for the stuff and changed to drinking cheap stuff at home, which was actually totally fine because I realized it wasn't so much that the coffee from out was great, it's that I was addicted to it because of all the !!!! in it. A short time after starting to drink it at home running out of cream was beginning to become a pain and thought how easy it would be if I used milk, I'd always have it, and not have to worry so much about how much I used... with just as much health in mind as cost. So I made that change and that's where I am now, drinking Maxwell house with milk, and it's what I'm used to, and prefer it over buying coffee from out. All my changes have been positive except for one, and that is I have been drinking more!

I can't start the day without my cup of fresh ground coffee, with 3 raw sugar cubes and vinilla bean cream. I have one of those Keurig machines with the coffee adapter for brewing our own brand of coffee. Fill it, hit the button and brew your own coffee.

It's funny though, I will drink coffee at home, but if I go out I either grab a Gatorade or water, never coffee. I guess I'm spoiled by the coffee the wife makes in the morning, because she's always up and moving about before me.

That and she can brew a mean cup of coffee. I swear the stuff gets up and pores itself into the cup, its so strong. Add a half dozon Krispy Kream donuts to the mix and I'm set for all day.

Coffee is my blood

Started drinking coffee back in college for pulling all-nighters.

Continued on in my water treatment career. The 7 day, 24 hour nature of the work meant being able to function at any time (especially when I worked in maintenance). Being called out in the middle of the night, I had to have my wits about me (440V electricity doesn't have a sense of humor).

Keeping coffee in the house is more important than food :D!

Grind my own, coffee maker with timer so it's ready when I wake, and a Contigo insulated cup that is the best out there (WON'T SPILL).
Drink it black and strong enough to stand the spoon up in it.

The best legal drug of choice.

Starbucks-mocha frapachino...Dunkin Donuts-mocha blast (can only get if BaskinRobbins)...McDonalds-mocha Frappe'...and if there is leftovers in my pot I also like to make my own Iced with milk, sugar and flavored creamer...love me some good Joe:yes::yes::yes:.....cliffy.

Coffee drinkers here! Done it all; French Press ( the best), Espresso, Mr Coffee, Gevalia, et al. I refuse to pay the obscene prices at places like Starbucks, and so on. It really chaps my hiney when I see all these people whining about not having enough money to live on, but have you ever seen a Starbucks without a line at the drive-up in the morning?

McDonalds' coffee used to be garbage, but they wised up and got some good brew a few years ago. When I'm out, i frequent their drive-up for a Senior Coffee with two creams. Best deal in town.

Now, I'd love to have one of those Kuerig types, but I still can't get over the price of the machine. I keep hoping they will come down, but alas....not yet. I think one of those in the RV would be really swank!

I have one other quirk to share. I can leave a 1/2 cup of coffee sit and come back to it 6 hours later and love it. After 38 years, I have finally gotten my wife trained to leave the danged thing alone, or at least ask if I want it. Toucha my cold coffee, I breaka u knees!

EKW

Two cups (creamer & 1 1/2 spoons sugar) in the morning, or don't talk to me! Organic, shade grown, fair trade is what's in our house. Expensive, but worth the extra, IMO.

BIG time coffee consumer and know the location of every Dunkin donuts up and down the east coast and they are always programed into my GPS when I go on a trip.
Also own a Keurig and love it. Has lasted me for awhile. I normally wear out a couple of the regular coffee makers in a years time.

Drink a ton a coffee. Iffins the pots gettin low just dump it right back into the tank add a litl water, dump more coffee right on top a the grounds that are there! The blacker the better. I hate wastin filters so we use em till their plum full. Probly drain 6 pots a day between 4 of us.

Now coffee I can see being referred to as Juice, nectar and cil!!! :lol:

Believe it or not I didn't start drinking it until recently (I'm 35). I also have a Keurig, actually several. I've been using the B150 machine because I was tired of always filling the reservoir on the b40 and the platinum. This one is directly plumbed to a water line. I tapped off my refrigerator line and installed a RO/DI (reverse osmosis and deionization) filtration system. IMO, filters make a world of difference when making coffee.

Didn't start until I joined the service. Nothing like a cup of hot coffee on a cold morning. Still have 2 cups every morning.

I should have also stated that I too absolutely need it first thing in the morning or can't function. Before I started drinking it a lot I could never understand people saying that, but I certainly can now.

Got hooked on Korean coffee

Spent 5 years in South Korea and got hooked to the Maxim Mocha Gold. It comes premixed with sugar and creamer, just add hot water. Easiest and best tasting coffee in my opinion, and easy to grab a few to go. I get them at the local korean market, but amazon sells it as well. It's much cheaper locally however.

http://www.amazon.com/Maxim-Mocha-Gold-Mild-Coffee/dp/B0038OQY50

I actually have the exact same Keurig machine but just use it for hot water these days for the coffee above.

Usually I get Costco coffee when I make a trip there, sometimes we get the whole beans and grind them.
I always throw some cinnamon on top of the grinds.
2 packets of sweetener, some hazelnut flavored creamer.

I got tired of burning out Mr. Coffee's every year so a few months ago we bought one of these and so far we just love it.

Attachments

• coffee.jpg
    coffee.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 296

I like the different flavored coffees like French Vanilla, Irish Cream, Kahlua, baileys, coconut and so on..

We also recently got a Keurig machine and we love it.. Its so EASY to use to. Fill cup the Reservoir part with water and Just pop a K-Cup into the Keuring and brew. Easy! You can have it hot or make it iced.. :D

The BEST! Had my for two years now. Two cups a day of Newman's Special Blend. :drinkcoffee: I get a box of 80 for $37 at Costco. I hate those flavored coffees.

I drink the cheap stuff from walmart. $6.70 for 33.9 ozs. (why not just make it an even 40?). Before disability I drank at least 2 pots a day. Down to just one now.

I drink a lot of coffee, hot, strong, and black. I also roast the beans myself. Started with an old hot air popcorn popper, then built one that does about a half pound of green coffee beans per batch. Usually buy 25 lbs of Colombian or Costa Rican, lasts 3-4 months. Filtered water will make any pot of coffee much better, than tap. Grinding whole beans, just before you brew, makes a noticeable improvement as well. But the greatest thing, is the first 3 to 4 days after roasting, just can't buy that in most stores. Wish I had a better roaster, and paid more attention, but get lucky occasionally, and hit the right roast for the beans, almost has a natural sweetness, would be a crime to put anything else in the cup.

Haven't had Starbucks coffee too many times, but their basic black, tastes like burnt beans (yeah, I get distracted while roasting). I've never had to pay for it, doubt I would, just not what I would have expected, for what they charge. Guess it's all in the flavors and trendy styles. No wonder I get strange looks, when someone else is making the coffee run, picking up the tab, could have gotten anything the sell, I ask for straight black...

I'm down too about one pot of home brew a day(only black). Before I became disabled, I had a pretty bad Starbucks addiction though. I would buy up to six Lg.cps. a day easy, during my work day.

I drink a lot of coffee, hot, strong, and black. I also roast the beans myself. Started with an old hot air popcorn popper, then built one that does about a half pound of green coffee beans per batch. Usually buy 25 lbs of Colombian or Costa Rican, lasts 3-4 months. Filtered water will make any pot of coffee much better, than tap. Grinding whole beans, just before you brew, makes a noticeable improvement as well. But the greatest thing, is the first 3 to 4 days after roasting, just can't buy that in most stores. Wish I had a better roaster, and paid more attention, but get lucky occasionally, and hit the right roast for the beans, almost has a natural sweetness, would be a crime to put anything else in the cup.

Haven't had Starbucks coffee too many times, but their basic black, tastes like burnt beans (yeah, I get distracted while roasting). I've never had to pay for it, doubt I would, just not what I would have expected, for what they charge. Guess it's all in the flavors and trendy styles. No wonder I get strange looks, when someone else is making the coffee run, picking up the tab, could have gotten anything the sell, I ask for straight black...

Hi HarveyH48,
I'll be in Florida, hopefully, sometime in late March or early April. Could I stop by and buy a cup of that coffee. Sounds wonderful!:grin:

EKW

I used to be hooked on coffee while I was in college and for some time after. I honestly don't remember how I stopped. Guess it just happened somehow. I used to like the 7-11 coffee. Actually thought it was much better than Dairy Queen or Starbucks. I drink it maybe once a month nowadays, usually only when I'm eating something like a donut or cake, sweet stuff that needs to be "pacified"..

Back
Top Bottom