Finally Found One...

Jimzilla

Elite Member
...and it took 25 years of detecting. It was a half dime. I went back again to my favorite park and pulled an 1853 Seated dime, 1877 Seated dime, a 1912-S Barber dime, and a barber pocket spill which included a 1895 Barber quarter, 1909-D Barber dime and 4 wheaties. Also 11 Indians, a 1903 V nickel and a several wheaties. Ill be back for sure next week.

Attachments

• 012 - Copy.jpg
    012 - Copy.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 852
Nice hunt, and Congrats on the awesome finds. That's definitely a place to go back to until every signal is cleared.

Congrats on hitting one off your bucket list. It's so funny about MDing. I can't find a SLQ to save my life but have found 4 half dimes in the last year! Go figure.

Congrats on the first half dime and silver coins. Firsts of anything is always a major accomplishment.

Unbelievable spill!! It's just amazing how these parks that have been hit hard still give up the silver!

Isn't that what makes treasure hunting so addictive? The axiom that “Nobody gets it all,” holds true every time. I have seen Jim hunt. I’ve watched him intently and tried to learn from him.

To be sure, I don’t like the guy. He’s handsome, intelligent with a type “A” personality, cocky and self-assured, uses only the best equipment and spares no expense in pursuit of his passions. Even so, I have to acknowledge and respect his abilities as a treasure hunter. Jimmy has found more old silver here in New York, than ANY other metal detectorist I have ever hunted with or met.

Did I mention he’s also young? Really hate that guy..

Back
Top Bottom