Plenty o'silver, Large Cent and Large Bling!

Dr Zed

After another two (productive) weeks of hunting, I am inching my way to my goal of 100 silvers for this year. Since my last post, I found another 16 silvers! Maybe it's luck, but I think it's patience and the CTX. In the first photo, there are 7 Rosies (46, 46, 47, 49, 51, 58, 61) followed by 6 Mercs (17, 28, 37, 40 (scratched this one :shock:), 43, 44) and then 3 War nickels (which always look like !!!! when I find them) (44P, 45P, 45D).

To make things a bit more fun, just by pure luck (which I guess most of this hobby is...it's just getting your coil over the object) I found another Large Cent. The front is pretty corroded, but the back is clear. That's my third LC of the year.

In terms of other cool finds, I found a US Army Language School pin (not sure what this is from, but my guess is WWII era). Then I found this massive ring and boy is this thing heavy. Not sure what it's made out of, as the inside of the band has a layer of what appears to be concrete. The first picture is of the 'face' of the ring, which shows a head. The material into which the 'head' is carved or etched seems to be hematite (I have seen jewelry made out of this material before). The second photo is of the side of the ring and it's some sort of design, but I can't make it out. Does anybody have any idea what this ring could be from? Or is it just some random, unique ring?

thanks for looking and happy hunting!

Attachments

• silvers 9-23 to 10-1.jpg
    silvers 9-23 to 10-1.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 359
  • large cent front.jpg
    large cent front.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 273
  • large cent back.jpg
    large cent back.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 356
  • army language school pin.jpg
    army language school pin.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 262
  • big ring top.jpg
    big ring top.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 263
  • big ring side.jpg
    big ring side.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 353
You have been on a roll Sir Zed

Man, I can't believe your luck. It has something to do with not being around me. I've been a pain by asking you to take me places, I'm sorry. Just give me the GPS co-ordinance..LOL.. Nice find on the LC, and all them Silver's. You must be ahead of me by now? I'm so jealous. You also have me thinking about an upgrade. That CTX has you going very strong since you got it.

Congrats on a great bunch of finds!

Man, I can't believe your luck. It has something to do with not being around me. I've been a pain by asking you to take me places, I'm sorry. Just give me the GPS co-ordinance..LOL.. Nice find on the LC, and all them Silver's. You must be ahead of me by now? I'm so jealous. You also have me thinking about an upgrade. That CTX has you going very strong since you got it.

Thanks guys. Keith, you were on vacation, which is why you weren't with me when I was finding all of this stuff! Hmm...maybe I found these coins, etc. because you weren't with me...:laughing: I'm joking buddy. Maybe we'll go hunting again on one of these upcoming weekends. This weekend looks like a wet one, but hey, I have Gore-Tex and the CTX so I can do it.

Back
Top Bottom